Hi my name is andy just joind looking for advice

Oct 16, 2022
Visit site
I have suzuki vitaraboost 1.4 and I*m looking to find out what caravan I can tow I know its says 1200kg but who makes caravans that waight and what models very new to this so any help would be appropriate thanks in advance and befare i forget would a two berth or a four berth be better there's only me my wife and two small dogs

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

My limit was also 1200kg and a couple of years ago we bought an Elddis Xplore 304 which we're very happy with. Very easy to tow with our Qashqai.

There are others we looked at. I seem to recall a Swift Basecamp but we didn't think it would suit us. Didn't like the price either 😉

Also a Discovery D4 but didn't care for that for similar reasons.

I'm sure you'll find something and be aware there are other considerations to take into account, not just what your car can pull

Just ask away.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum. My choice would be a two berth but it’s best to review a number of models on paper, then go and see some for real. The PC magazine have listings of different layouts re models so you could start your search there. You don’t say if you plan to but new or pre owned. If the latter make sure you have a service history and a recent damp survey. Even very new vans can have damp. It’s unlikely that you will see or smell it unless it is severe. Buying from a dealer gives more rights under the Consumer Rights Act, and paying above £100 by credit card gives protection, as does buying on finance. But a private purchase from someone giving up perhaps for health or family reasons would be cheaper and may include all of the kit. Good luck and please ask away as your search moves ahead.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi. Welcome to the forum. Have a look at Freedom Caravans and Weinsberg caravans which both have lightweight models. I think Sprite Compact is pretty light but you will need to check. Lunar Arriva were also quite light.
Also on Caravanfinder
You can do an advanced search by MPTLM. It will give you an idea of what else might be out there.
Good luck
mel

May 7, 2012
Visit site
There are quite a few caravans that fit the bill. You do not say if you are looking at new or used but if used the Lunar Ariva might work for you. You are basically looking at small two berth models though.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum Andy. If you look in the rear of Practical Caravan Magazine you will a very detailed list of new caravans of all sizes and layouts. Somewhere to start.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts