Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I am new to this forum, on the rebound from another, but have been caravaning for 37 years. used to use CL’s a lot but have moved to club sites over the last few years. Enjoyed trips abroad for about 30 years, mainly France, but also Holland, Belgium, Luxumberg Germany and as far as Prague.

At present we have a 2015 Lunar Clubman SI (dry). Which we are very content with.

I am a friendly sole.

John

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi John
Welcome to the forum
We'll look forward to hearing about your future caravan adventures and another voice of experience is always good to have on board 😊

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I am new to this forum, on the rebound from another, but have been caravaning for 37 years. used to use CL’s a lot but have moved to club sites over the last few years. Enjoyed trips abroad for about 30 years, mainly France, but also Holland, Belgium, Luxumberg Germany and as far as Prague.

At present we have a 2015 Lunar Clubman SI (dry). Which we are very content with.

I am a friendly sole.

John
Hi John if you got any questions they are great bunch on here you will get some answers (What was France like that one place we would like to go to)

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
What was France like that one place we would like to go to

Love it, just such big distances and now that I am in my 70’s I don’t enjoy the driving like I used to. But good adventures had. We are not people who Ever kept A journal of our trips. I am sorry about that now. Lots of photos we try to put places to.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Love it, just such big distances and now that I am in my 70’s I don’t enjoy the driving like I used to. But good adventures had. We are not people who Ever kept A journal of our trips. I am sorry about that now. Lots of photos we try to put places to.

John
Hi John if we go for first time i think we will go with the Caravan Club i would not like to drive there on my own i have driven in spain so france roads must be the same way of driving the photo"s would be great . :D

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Good idea to go with a group for the first time. I think they call them toe in the water. But generally the driving is easier than here but can get hectic close to cities. I once had a sat nav that took me through the outskirts of Paris, van included. That was not nice.

Plan your routes beforehand, use Google Earth. Also use, but never trust a sat nav.

I did all that last year but still entered a diversion I did not know about. The road works got narrower and narrower. At one point I squeezed through with about 2 inches. But most of the time all is good.

Live is an adventure, give it a go.

John

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forum John, My Sat Nav done the same one time, in from the west of Paris right through the centre then up to the A1 towards Calais. Worring the first time then, you get used to it.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the forum John, My Sat Nav done the same one time, in from the west of Paris right through the centre then up to the A1 towards Calais. Worring the first time then, you get used to it.

Ditto. Disappeared down an underpass and as we exited the “navigator” said “Eh that’s the Eiffel Tower just there “. Cannot blame satnav as the error predated it.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site

Good fun isn’t it. For me, the sat nav, Tom Tom, was supposed to take me from Versailles to join a motorway to take me northwards around Paris. When we got to said motorway they were still building the junction! Nowhere to pull over, especially with another outfit following me. So had to follow my nose. I found signs for Boulogne, so figuring this was generally heading towards Calais I followed. Turns out. It was not Boulogne-sur-Mer. But the Boulogne district of Paris. We lost our friends at traffic lights. Eventually we both found our way separately and ended up at our overnight site near Saint-Omer. Both went different routes and arrived within 1 minute of each other.

Sat-Navs have much improved since.

John

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. We have been to France several times always with one of the clubs. I have never found the distances a problem although we do try to limit these to no more than 250 miles a day. Love France although we tend to stick to the coast or Paris.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. We have been to France several times always with one of the clubs. I have never found the distances a problem although we do try to limit these to no more than 250 miles a day. Love France although we tend to stick to the coast or Paris.
Hi Ray i think 250 miles a day would be to much for me would have to stop somewhere .:D

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Good idea to go with a group for the first time. I think they call them toe in the water. But generally the driving is easier than here but can get hectic close to cities. I once had a sat nav that took me through the outskirts of Paris, van included. That was not nice.

Plan your routes beforehand, use Google Earth. Also use, but never trust a sat nav.

I did all that last year but still entered a diversion I did not know about. The road works got narrower and narrower. At one point I squeezed through with about 2 inches. But most of the time all is good.

Live is an adventure, give it a go.

John
Hi John we have been to Paris on a long weekend for my wife by plane and it very hectic there The first time with a group and thanks about the routes and google earth then we will take it from there :D

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
What is it about the Paris road that attracts us caravanners? Well before satnavs we had a twin axle Hobby for just one year (a long story) and ended up going round the arc de triomphe in the rush hour, never again, however I found that if I drove confidently people generally kept out of the way. Not connected with that we sold up and only started again in 2018.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
What is it about the Paris road that attracts us caravanners? Well before satnavs we had a twin axle Hobby for just one year (a long story) and ended up going round the arc de triomphe in the rush hour, never again, however I found that if I drove confidently people generally kept out of the way. Not connected with that we sold up and only started again in 2018.
Actually i did the same but mine was due to ill health in 2011/12 we went seasonal for a while and brought a luxury Elddis Crusader Super Sirocco Twin Axle Caravan L Shaped Lounge plenty of room for me been disabled then in September 2018 we got the car then brought another caravan March/April 2019.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts