Hitchlocks

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Not mine but came across this elsewhere, -- just shows how 'they' come equipped.

Capture_zpstwcpsw9v.png

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
And a very simple device, scaffold tube and scaffold clip with the welded hitch :(
It will also have a short length of bar welded to the pole to locate into the hitch head were the towball goes....... :eek:hmy:
One of the reasons that you must fit a ball of some sort in the coupling head to make it harder for this sort of device to be fitted. ...

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
This is very depressing , my son is a locksmith - he has a 'tool, you can buy on the internet which enables all manner of locks to be opened , he took my alko locks off without any damage in less than 2 minutes ( both of them !!) and put them back on as quickly as my keys

I'm afraid good old fashioned insurance and as many devices you can find to make your van a less of a target is about all you can do - anything with a lock can be overcome very easily .

I have some faith in a tracker but I would rather stop it being taken in the first place !
I guess trackers can be over come easily somehow as well ! Please don't tell me !

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Where there's a will there's a thief with ingenuity.
Where does it stop?
Wheellocks on all wheels, hitchlock, locks on all corner steadies, alarm, tracker etc soon it will take longer to secure than setup.
What a wonderful world (not)

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
andyp1 said:
I have some faith in a tracker but I would rather stop it being taken in the first place !
I guess trackers can be over come easily somehow as well ! Please don't tell me !
A word of caution about trackers. These devices, rather like your alarm at home or in your caravan, have an internal back up battery, which needs to be kept charged, which is usually done via the van battery. These stand by batteries do not like being cycled b ydischarge/recharge which shortens their life.

Now they are normally hidden away for obvious reasons, but that doesn't mean fit and forget. The batteries have a limited life of perhaps 5 years, and need to be tested. If your leisure battery is removed for charging say, and the tracker battery is done for, you have no protection I'm afraid.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts