HOLYWELL BAY HOLIDAY PARK

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
we went about 3 years ago and stayed in a static. i would never go back again. its in a valley and at the top of the cliff is an army barracks so early every morning is gun fire. also the fish from the fish and chip shop on site was frozen it was vile.

but it has changed hands since we went so it might not be as bad now.

when we went to cornwall this summer we went and had a look at carnon downs site nr falmouth/truro.its lovely, nice play area football firld, fully serviced pitches, hard standing pitches and grass pitches.no club house though i would stay there again if i went to cornwall again and ive been going since i was little.

have a look at www.hendra.co.uk or www.whiteacres.co.uk

it depends what you want, if you have kids etc.

let us know what you want im sure everyone will help you in finding a great site.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
we went about 3 years ago and stayed in a static. i would never go back again. its in a valley and at the top of the cliff is an army barracks so early every morning is gun fire. also the fish from the fish and chip shop on site was frozen it was vile.

but it has changed hands since we went so it might not be as bad now.

when we went to cornwall this summer we went and had a look at carnon downs site nr falmouth/truro.its lovely, nice play area football firld, fully serviced pitches, hard standing pitches and grass pitches.no club house though i would stay there again if i went to cornwall again and ive been going since i was little.

have a look at www.hendra.co.uk or www.whiteacres.co.uk

it depends what you want, if you have kids etc.

let us know what you want im sure everyone will help you in finding a great site.
www.carnondowns.co.uk

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Andrew,

You know the saying 'wouldn't touch with a bardge pole' well thats my view of this site. Ok it has plenty of entertainment & plenty to occupy the kids. But there is no room between caravans you almost pitch on top of each other its like sardines. I must admit we have never stayed on there but have driven round many times. We have been staying on a site called Newperran Holiday park www.newperran.co.uk which is about 4 miles from here towards Perranporth & love the site to bits. We go every year whitsun & 2 weeks in July August every year since 1995 & the owners are great such a lovely family site. All of the fields have the pitches around the hedges & a few T shape so you have plenty of room all around & in front of you.We are booked on the same pitch indefinately. But hey you will probably get responses to your question who say its fantastic but still this is my opinion.

Good Luck

David

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We've been to Trevornick at Holywell bay numerous times, there is the kids leisure park their and a golf course, you can walk to Porth Joke beach with kids and dogs if you want to avaid rooads and the Holywell bay beach. You are near Newquay so it is busy and most sites near Newquay have youngsters heading for the clubs in the evening.

We've never heard gun fire from Penhale camp in the summer and always had a good time there all though busy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts