Hope for JLR Insurance ?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
May be a glimmer of hope but there again perhaps not😉

I wonder if any improvement is to be retrospective as otherwise affected owner are still left high and dry having to pay a large premium to JLR insurance. As John C found out recently.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I doubt any retro foc improvements 😥
Looking at the list of premiums for other nice SUV posted by John C it might even be cost effective for an JLR owner to pay for retrospective modifications providing they are technically feasible. The premium differences between John Cs list and JLR quotation was significant.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Looking at the list of premiums for other nice SUV posted by John C it might even be cost effective for an JLR owner to pay for retrospective modifications providing they are technically feasible. The premium differences between John Cs list and JLR quotation was significant.
I expect the retro refit would be more than a grand if it were possible. Plus you would have to ensure such mods were acceptable to an Insurer.? May be best buy a different car today😉😉

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I expect the retro refit would be more than a grand if it were possible. Plus you would have to ensure such mods were acceptable to an Insurer.? May be best buy a different car today😉😉
Looks like JLR are offering complimentary updates back to 2018 subject to model. If as reported thefts have reduced significantly then I would expect insurers to respond.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I wonder if the cover is something similar to the one offered by the caravan club? It will probably still be underwritten by a large insurer?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Wonder no more. It’s not like CMHC

Sorry that does not seem to tell me anything about the actual policy and who underwrites it etc, it just says what is covered? Doesn't matter as no intention of ever buying a JLR vehicle. The question was just for interest.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sorry that does not seem to tell me anything about the actual policy and who underwrites it etc, it just says what is covered? Doesn't matter as no intention of ever buying a JLR vehicle. The question was just for interest.
You must have missed the section shown on orange in my link.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sister had this problem last year with her Evoque. The JLR scheme ultimately underwritten by Allianz now insures her but at a price🙀.

The RTA will allow you to self insure if you deposit ??? £ millions with the Attorney General. Not for us mere mortals.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts