How do i isolate my power supply?

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
I am sure this is a classic newbie question. I own 2003 Abby Adventure van. Collected it from a dealer, to be fair they did go though it all with me but I was just excited about getting my van. I went straight to the storage yard, parked it up thought I turned everything off. However, week later came back turned on the power, nothing! No lights, no reading on the gauge, nothing.
So clearly I did not isolate the power supply correctly, hence my heading, how do I isolate the power so I don't flatten the bty next time I go on my travels?
I have uploaded some pictures of my switches as well.

Attachments

• IMG-20201016-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20201016-WA0002.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-20201016-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20201016-WA0000.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-20201016-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20201016-WA0001.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 20
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Switch off the 12v and it should resolve the issue. Also consider having a small solar panel fitted to keep the battery topped up. Also handy if you go off grid.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I am sure this is a classic newbie question. I own 2003 Abby Adventure van. Collected it from a dealer, to be fair they did go though it all with me but I was just excited about getting my van. I went straight to the storage yard, parked it up thought I turned everything off. However, week later came back turned on the power, nothing! No lights, no reading on the gauge, nothing.
So clearly I did not isolate the power supply correctly, hence my heading, how do I isolate the power so I don't flatten the bty next time I go on my travels?
I have uploaded some pictures of my switches as well.
Mine has a 12v push button switch as part of the power unit 12v/240v so I have to ,make sure that one is off. But even when he van is left in store as it is now Ive left the battery in place but disconnected. But normally the battery comes home and is periodically connected to a CTEK unit.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
A bit surprised you could not gain any reading after a week.
The middle switch top panel you photograph maybe has 3 settings, car at the top, off in the middle, and van at the bottom. You should flip over the switch to car when you are towing as this will charge the battery and enable the fridge to stay cool (although likely the power switch on the top of your fridge has an indicator for mains battery and gas, and will also need turning to battery for cooling whilst towing. It will NOT work on battery when nor connected to the towing vehicle.) If no 'middle click' then switch to car should suffice. Not sure what the aux will control, but the pump will light while the pump is running and should be switched off whjen the pump is disconnected, for example when stored or when refilling the barrel.
On the basis that you got no reading at all had you switched it to VAN first? Otherwise check the output of the battery independently in case this is shot!
The other panel below is all associated with the mains, and relates to when an Electric Hook Up is being used. You can switch the top 'charger' to charge the battery, and the switches below... on the left the main breaker and then 3 for the individual circuits labelled 1 2 3 which will be identified in the handbook, but will between them control things like the charger, the fridge on mains, any electric water heater / room heater elements.
Sorry to be so windy but hope this all helps you!

Reactions: Madpad_01
Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
Audiorob,
Thanks your post have proved very inciteful. My switch does have three settings, I am sure I did leave it in the middle but also admit I am very forgetful. The van does have an omnidirectional tv aerial recently fitted (before I bought it) which I think may have drained my bty.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts