How do i turn the water on in my caravan ? Truma

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi there !
I have purchased a Swift Diamond Pirouette as my first caravan, I cant work out how to use the Truma water system, I know I have to put the external pump into the aquaroll and plug into the outlet on the caravan but then what do i do ? I thought I would turn the taps on and hey presto ! but no water is coming out. Im guessing there must be a switch somewhere. sorry if this sounds like a silly question, any advice much appreciated thanks

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi Missmac,

Does the van have an internal tank and pump?
If so have you switched the pump on at the control panel?
Are the valves in the correct position?
Are you plugged into the correct port on the outside of the van?

As much info as poss please.

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Some pics could be a big help too, the pump may be faulty, can you hear anything when you turn on the taps, could be something and nothing,

Sean.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi Missmac.
What you are asking is usually quite simple to an experienced caravan user. However if you haven't set up a caravan before it's easy to miss obvious things during the process.
A lot of caravans makes use the same equipment and basic principles.
My advice would be to have a chat with another caravan user. If you are on a site obviously there will be others around you but if you are at home perhaps there will be someone with a tourer on their drive quite close to you.

You will find that most caravaners are very approachable and very good about giving help and advice to beginners. Just bite the bullet and approach one of the people I have suggested.

I'm guessing you will need a bit of a talk through on all the caravan systems and setting up procedures.
The problem of asking via a Forum is that often a couple of things need to be done when setting systems up. Your water for instance - once the pump is working correctly you need to make sure to purge the air from all the pipes and be aware that at first the water needs to fill the water heater before it actually starts to show at the taps. Also as well as switching the pump circuit on in the van sometimes the connections where the pump fitment connects to the van May need a bit of a clean, another thing is to make sure that any drain valve is in the closed position nothing more frustrating than fetching a barrel of water only to pump it straight in and back out via an open drain valve. and in case of a fault often there can be many reasons. An experienced person can at least quickly say if your situation is just lack of knowledge or in fact if your van is faulty in some way.

I'm not saying not to ask questions via the forum in fact that is one of the really good things about this particular forum some very experienced and helpfull members. Who really put the effort into their advice.

I'm sure after a bit of help you will be up and running in no time. It's just a case of being shown, most caravan users have been in exactly the same position I certainly was. I was on a site two weeks ago and a couple with a brand new caravan had been without heating and cooking for two days before they asked and were sorted out within ten minutes by the guy in the next pitch.

Best of luck and I'm sure you will be sorted in no time.
Regards Brian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts