How long does one wait

Oct 3, 2005
Visit site
Ive got a four year alpine with 90% damp on the rear end,its been at the dealers awaiting a result for nine days,Not good for customer relations..

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Eddie,

I don't condone the time you have been waiting, but quite frequently these thing do take longer than we would like.
Sometimes these matters are controlled by the terms and conditions of guarantee so do check them. Perhaps the dealer is having trouble sourcing the parts for your year of caravan.
However you are the customer and you have certain expectations which are not being met, so what can yuou do?

First and foremost be firm with your dealer write to them and let them know you are not happy with the time they are taking. Do not loose you rag keep it professional. Keep a detailed record of communications such as when, to whom and what was/is said.
If you used a finance package to purchase the caravan (even a credit card for the deposit) let the finance houses know of whats happening, as they may also have responsibility under SoGA.
If you continue to be unhappy, make sure you exhaust the manufacturers/dealers complaints procedures before going too public.

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I don't know how applicable it would be to something like a caravan but a few years ago I was being given the run around over the repair (under guarantee) of a rather expensive digital camera, with the retailer blaming the manufacturer for the delay (sound familiar?)
After waiting 4 or 5 weeks, I telephoned the local Trading Standards Office from the shop & the officer I spoke to agreed that 5 weeks was unacceptable, he then spoke to the shop manager, I'm not sure what was said but I walked out of the shop with a brand new camera.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I would hope thye dealer is speaking to Sprite and needs their decision as to how to proceed but it is time you got some information.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts