How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
You haven't mentioned those who discuss applicable EU directives relating to light bulbs and whether they must only be replaced by light bulbs which are type approved.

Or how about whether vehicle warranty coverage may be lost if the light bulb is not replaced by a franchised dealer.

Then there will always be the stories of owners who have had to remove the engine out of the engine compartment in order to get at the back of the headlamp units.

The possibilities are endless.

ps: There was a 3-page feature article in a German caravanning magazine a couple of months ago about replacing light bulbs with higher intensity ones.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I think you've missed a few Steve.

Do the bulbs need type approval ?

Nothing about "greener alternatives"!

Should the job not be left to a qualified Sparkes (sorry)?

Does bulb changing invalidate the warranty?

Do they use Light Bulbs or Lightbulbs in France if a spare is needed on our first trip?

Are bulbs replaced when the vans serviced?

Do all bulbs have to be tinted yellow for use in France?

May 27, 2006
Visit site
I find this thread totally out of order!

It should be in 'Equipment & accessories' and not cluttering up a forum of quality like this one.

If its NOT moved I shall resign and demand my membership fee be returned

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Returned fees are not paid in cash or returned to the card used for payment.

According to terms and conditions fees returned are only paid out in the form of Spare Light Bulbs. Pleae email your requirements to Bulbsh@ynet ;-)

Mind you there may be twenty other thoughts on this point!

May 27, 2006
Visit site
I know my rights!!

I demand a refund even if its in lightbulbs but of a higher standard than those I used to join with (and I`M a bulb egspurt)

i`ll sue if ignored..right up to the EU level if needs be.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Sh 1 t Sparkes, look what you've started now. The EU is one thing but now the House of Lords is in on the act wanting clarification re risk assessment.

This will run and run now, the upper house spend most of their time sleeping don't they ?

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I think not Lol.

Some great inventions have come out of Scotland and Frank may have hit on something!

If he is growing Light Bulbs how green is that. Could be a PC Forum first, organic light bulbs that are 100% reyclable!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I think not Lol.

Some great inventions have come out of Scotland and Frank may have hit on something!

If he is growing Light Bulbs how green is that. Could be a PC Forum first, organic light bulbs that are 100% reyclable!
RECYCLABLE !

May 27, 2006
Visit site
Gardening!!.. H&SE.. Bloody William Hague.. where is this leading us?

GET IN IN THE PROPER FORUM

Is there NEVER a moderator around when ones needed?.. All over in the EU hugging trees I bet

May 27, 2006
Visit site
I object!!

Who gave cris the right to bring up 'ageism' in this thread?

Emmerson is intitled to his views but is he an eggspurt or just stirring up trouble?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts