How to clean/ take care of your caravan awning ?

smd

Mar 21, 2022
Visit site
Does anyone have any tips on how to clean your awning?

I also noticed some mould on mine, how could I clean this off without damaging the awning, but also what can I do to stop more mould from growing?

Another thing I've found is that I tend to get a lot of condensation building up in my awning. How can I prevent this from happening?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I always would dry the awning thoroughly when back home irrespective of how dry I thought it was when packing it on site. I have never had mould on an awning but my first thought would be to use some awning cleaning solution, or depending on the make is there a proprietary solution recommended by the maker. Condensation can occur more when you have cooler nights. Lightweight awning materials suffer more than the heavier weight materials. It needs plenty of nighttime ventilation. I would also open the window zips at the top to let in more air ventilation. Some makers of lightweight awning sell secondary “ roof” panels aimed at reducing condensation. But they seem to get mixed reviews.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We always use a solid groundsheet in the awning and never get condensation, but we always go on hardstandings,if on grass I suspect you will get condenasation more.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We always use a solid groundsheet in the awning and never get condensation, but we always go on hardstandings,if on grass I suspect you will get condenasation more.
Hard standings with breathable groundsheet can develop condensation in some awnings. After all the substrate moisture content between the hard standing and grass is likely to be similar. But solid groundsheets where allowed will reduce condensation.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We are on a hard standing pitch and astro turf so we put our Sunncamp swift deluxe 220 SC attached to the van then put a roof lining minimises the effects of condensation so far mold free but we always wipe it down after use we don"t use a groundsheet . with this .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have not had mould on the awning but have always made sure it was absolutely dry before storing.
If you are looking for help on awnings, the magazine's latest issue covers awning care.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts