How to open an Enduro Mover control unit

May 3, 2021
Visit site
My mover is playing up. Left hand motor powers forward and reverse. Right hand motor powers reverse only.

The control box clicks for the right hand motor when demanding either forward or reverse on the right hand motor.

I conclude the relay for Right+Forward has a locked switch. Maybe a quick tap would fix it or it will need to be replaced.

I’ve looked at the control box and I can’t figure out how to remove the top front panel (lower one comes of easily). Presumably the top panel will come off with a carefully inserted screwdriver blade – but where? I don’t want to damage the panel. Does anybody know how to get the panel off?IMG_20240518_130245467_HDR.jpg

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
MY guess is its screwed from back. Only takes a minute to unscrew from wall and check.

To test on work bench connect a 12v bulb across the motor drive terminals and power from small 12v gelcel battery if you have one.

There maybe 2 relays per drive 1st to provide power and 2nd for direction. While fwd /rev relay is likely problem could also be circuit that activates it.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My mover is playing up. Left hand motor powers forward and reverse. Right hand motor powers reverse only.

The control box clicks for the right hand motor when demanding either forward or reverse on the right hand motor.

I conclude the relay for Right+Forward has a locked switch. Maybe a quick tap would fix it or it will need to be replaced.

I’ve looked at the control box and I can’t figure out how to remove the top front panel (lower one comes of easily). Presumably the top panel will come off with a carefully inserted screwdriver blade – but where? I don’t want to damage the panel. Does anybody know how to get the panel off?
I concur the symptoms you describe suggest a control problem rather than a motor problem. I am not familiar with your motor mover, but your photo shows the top panel has four sink points which could be the ends of fixing lugs into which screws might be driven from under neath. ... Just a guess.

I assume the controller will be using relays to control the motors, and if one relay has failed, I'd be suspicious about the othersalso being worn and thus might iminantly preparing to gail. I would replace all the relays rather than just the faulty one.

May 3, 2021
Visit site
Thanks guys. I noticed the sink marks after Monty replied.
Good idea from John to maybe replace them all.
I'm on a pitch at the moment (Bolnuevo, next to the Mediterranean; yeah, it's atough life!). I'm nose in to the pitch so my reverse will get me out safely. Likewise reverse is all I need when I take it home to storage next week. So I will play safe and start disconnecting things in 10 days when we're home.
I'll keep you posted.
Thanks and happy trails to you!
(PS second time at Bolnuevo - it's my favorite site on the Med)

May 3, 2021
Visit site
Update:
I got the cover off the control unit - the screws were on the back - as suggested by trevormonty. Took the unit to a TV repair shop and they desoldered the culprit relay.
I've tested the relay - it works. Oh dear (translated from the Anglo-Saxon!)
So it looks like the screw-drive of the motor-gearbox assembly is refusing to turn in one direction. A new /secondhand unit is needed. Annoying because it's just over two years old.
Next stop is to contact Enduro, but I'm not hopeful
Any thoughts?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Update:
I got the cover off the control unit - the screws were on the back - as suggested by trevormonty. Took the unit to a TV repair shop and they desoldered the culprit relay.
So it looks like the screw-drive of the motor-gearbox assembly is refusing to turn in one direction. A new /secondhand unit is needed. Annoying because it's just over two years old.
Any thoughts?
I thought that Enduro came with a life time warranty?

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Update:
Any thoughts?
Swap motor drive around ie connect left motor wires to right motor terminals on controller. You can then determine if motor or controller's channel electronics is at fault.
Should drive forward and backs same but turning will be back to front.

May 3, 2021
Visit site
It’s a big mystery!

I soldered the relay back onto the motherboard. I put the control box back in the caravan. I connect the cables.

I switch on the remote control. First, I test the left-hand motor – the motor that was working before. Relays click. Nothing happens!

Next, I go to the right-hand side and test the motor. Relays click. Motor now works in both directions!

I go back to the left-hand side. Motor only works in one direction!

What is happening? Maybe the handset battery needs replacing.

I fit a new battery in the handset.

Now the right-hand motor is acting strange. The left -hand motor is also acting strange.

I go back to the left-hand motor – it operates reliably in one direction. I try it in the other direction – nothing. Try it in the good direction- all still OK. Try it in the bad direction – it works!

The right-hand motor behaves the same way!

What is happening??

My new theory – the gearboxes on each side are faulty. Each side has a “dead” position on its main gear. If I stop the gear at the “dead” position then I can’t start the gearbox in the reverse direction.

What now? The mover is under warranty but it is a 2-hour journey to the caravan supplier and I will have to leave the caravan with them – I think I will wait until winter before I ask them to take a look at the problem.

Until then I will need to check the motors are running OK in each direction before I connect the rollers to the tyres.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Are you sure that Enduro cannot send a technician out to have a look at it? I know that Powrtouch have this facility/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts