Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 diesel Auto 2006 >

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I wondered if anyone of you guys could help. I am looking for a new (to me) tow car. I like the look of the new style Santa Fe in auto form but wondered how it performed both as a tow car and solo. What sort of mpg can I expect and will it cope with my 1500kg mplm Bailey Senator series 6. The Caravan Club towcar database states it is a good match but there is nothing like owners actual experiences.
I currently have a Kia Sportage 138bhp manual, its great solo but short of power on hills and a little unstable above 50mph despite adhereing to the noseweight and carrying as much kit as possible in the car. I don't believe in chipping so I must look for another solution
Will the Santa fe 'float my boat'?
I am also considering a Chevrolet Captivia as a second option but it seems a little smaller in the carrying stakes, any advice greatfully recieved

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I have a Santa Fe, but mine is the older type, but I am a member of the Santa Fe owners club, everyone on the forum rave about them, a few issues with manual boxed cars but nothing on autos, I can't think off the top of my head but they seem to get better economy than what I do out of my 2.0 diesel, they calim around 35 solo and high 20's low 30's to the gallon towing, as for the Captiva, all I know is they're are supposed to be heavier than stated on fuel, but both are very nice cars, and in fact both cars are number 1 and 2 on my "next" list.

Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts