Hyundai Santa Fe parking sensors

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I have a question for the Mk2 version of the Santa Fe owners. Is there a mod to prevent the parking sensors from activating when reversing the caravan. According to Hyundai customer service there is an add on device that switches the system off when the caravan is plugged into the car? Anyone have one? I do not wish to cut the wiring to fit a switch, so please do not suggest it.

Thanks

David

Jan 17, 2005
Visit site
My old shape SF ('05 model) has a button in the wall of the boot area which, when pressed in, turns the sensors off - very useful.

However, it was on the car when I bought it so no idea how you get it fitted or who by...

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I have just fitted a Westphalia dedicated towing kit to my Sorento. The socket automatically disengages the reversing sensors when the 'van is connected. It's a piece of cake to wire in. If you want to fit a remote switch to turn off the system instead it is a simple matter of locating the sensor control box (on the sorento its fixed inside the N/S/R quarter panel) identifting the live feed from the reverse switch and fitting an inline isolator switch in the load area. Any competent mechanic will be able to do this for you if you dont fancy having a go.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts