I bought a new Calor propane cylinder and had to purchase agreement at same time. Do I have to sign a hard copy of this Agreement?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I don’t remember signing the agreement it was just given to me on initial purchase. But after a time I would have lost them anyway. You don’t need the agreement to exchange an empty cylinder for a full one.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Chris,

Welcome to the forum.

With the Calor Brand you do not buy the cylinder its a rental scheme with Calor. You only purchase the gas its filled with. Refills are done on a bottle exchange process.

As with any rental all parties have to agree the terms and conditions. Those T&C's will define how confirm your acceptance of them.

I suggest you read the agreement to find out if it needs a physical signature, or whether its an assumed agreement when you take the first cylinder.

Oct 12, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did not receive any "Agreement". Just a till receipt for 38 quid. No paperwork at all. The sales girl said sign in on line, but failed to find out how to do that. Think I'll forget it and just plod on.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did not receive any "Agreement". Just a till receipt for 38 quid. No paperwork at all. The sales girl said sign in on line, but failed to find out how to do that. Think I'll forget it and just plod on.
It just means that if you decided to go for another supplier like Flogas, or you go for Safefill then you won’t get anything back from Calor if you return your bottle(s). But the actual refund reduced quickly with time so it’s hardly a lottery win.

Mar 3, 2022
Visit site
It just means that if you decided to go for another supplier like Flogas, or you go for Safefill then you won’t get anything back from Calor if you return your bottle(s). But the actual refund reduced- quickly with time so it’s hardly a lottery win.
Not so sure about the "no-refund" bit.
I remember clearing out an old garage and finding 6 empty bottles. The local recycling centre wanted to charge to take them.
Took them to the local calor depot and was given a small refund for each one.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It is well over 30 years since we went for the Galor cylinders so the memory is a bit faded. I know we did sign a document then but computers now mean this sort of thing can be done without signatures so possibly they have dropped the requirement. It did have some refund value then which ran for a few years on a sliding scale, but after that there was nothing.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
It is well over 30 years since we went for the Galor cylinders so the memory is a bit faded. I know we did sign a document then but computers now mean this sort of thing can be done without signatures so possibly they have dropped the requirement. It did have some refund value then which ran for a few years on a sliding scale, but after that there was nothing.
I still have my original Calor rental agreement from 1983 - it was for 7kg Aluminium Butane cylinders, long since withdrawn - the sliding scale goes down to 25%, not zero, and remains constant at that level indefinitely - mind you, £4.50 per cylinder might as well be zero as the % is based on the original rental value!

Reactions: Bluetonic

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts