Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Before I retired in October I posted items from work, in my lunch hour before any on comments.
Since retiring I have had problems as the home computer has IE9 and although I have followed Parksy's instructiions and have typed practicalcaravan.co into the dialogue box and checked that it shows in the box I am unable to post
My daughter has give an old laptop which has an older explorer version enabling me to post again but if anyone has any ideas about posting using IE9 please let me know so I can use the home computer again

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
The PC forum issue lies with Haymarket and not IE9 although I agree there are betetr browsers out there. I use Chroem as FF was getting to cumbersome and with many hang ups.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Surfer said:
The PC forum issue lies with Haymarket and not IE9 although I agree there are betetr browsers out there. I use Chroem as FF was getting to cumbersome and with many hang ups.
I agree goole chrome is exelent and what I have on the desk top, but I have fire fox on the the laptop, it works fine while running but Sufer is right about some hangups it will not run until all the other processes have finished (like virus updates ect) I will probably change to chrome on this when I get round to it, but for me IE is a waste of space, not used it since IE 9 came out so can't really comment on why it it has problems with some sites "not just PCV"

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Surfer said:
The PC forum issue lies with Haymarket and not IE9 although I agree there are betetr browsers out there..............
You are mistaken Surfer, the main problem does not lie with Haymarket or this particular website. As you will see Here Windows acknowledge that there can be problems in displaying some websites and have issued instructions on how to resolve the issues.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Yes Parksy it is IP9 causing these problems does it on on a lot of websites too. I have reverted to IP8 for everyday use and that works fine on everything. But I do use Google Chrome on my own website as I cannot edit it with IE well not 9 have not tried 8

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Parksy said:
Surfer said:
The PC forum issue lies with Haymarket and not IE9 although I agree there are betetr browsers out there..............
You are mistaken Surfer, the main problem does not lie with Haymarket or this particular website. As you will see Here Windows acknowledge that there can be problems in displaying some websites and have issued instructions on how to resolve the issues.
Why haven't Haymarket resolved the issue if the instructions are available? I used IE9 for a short while and this was the one of three sites where I had issues. However I did notice that IE9 is very fast, but what is the use of fast if the site does not load properly.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Haymarket can't do anything about the issue because the problem lies with Windows, IE9 usually works on websites which use the free public access system but this website uses a different system altogether, as do many other websites.
The problem is not specific to Haymarket, Windows own and designed IE9, and it's up to the person who chooses to browse with IE9 to load the correct settings which are given in the instructions that I linked to.
I've always used Firefox without any problems and I access this forum using tabbed browsing which means that I don't have to log in every time, Google Chrome also works well with this website.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts