I want to live in a motorhome full-time, but I don't have a physical address for DVLA and Insurance.

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
This would be better posted in general, but welcome to the forum.

What sort of setup are you talking about? Do you already have a motorhome?

Usual practice for full timers is to use a family / friend's address. I am not sure what the implications are for insurance of the motorhome as most policies won't cover full time living. I think general motor insurance / drivers licence is less of an issue as long as you have an address to use. Sadly, there is no way round the problem other than to have a static address to use. Good luck with what you want to do though. I think there is too much prejudice and bureaucracy against alternative lifestyles. You get automatically get labelled as being a member of certain lawless travelling groups.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
You will need a permanent address for correspondence, tax, insurance and the like, presumably a family member or friend will help.
One major problem is going to be maintenance, what will you do when it needs servicing or if it breaks down and is off the road for any length of time? People do manage it but I am not sure how. Possibly a car and caravan would work better as these things are easier to get round with them.
Do remember though that a motorhome is a depreciating asset and has a finite life no matter how well you look after it and you need a plan to cover this.
Hopefully someone who has tried this can help.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If it is any help many years ago we live din our twin axle caravan for a period of 2 1/2 years without any major issues. Only real issue was insurance for the caravan, but we used my father's address.

While living in the caravan the walls started bulging and an inspection showed that the caravan needed to go back to the factory for repair. The dealer kindly lent us another second hand twin axle that has minor body damage but was very usable so overall it did not cause as any real issues. However with a motorhome this may be different.

Having said that next to us on the site was a young couple who were living permanently in their motor home, but although almost new, it was parked up and not mobile.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts