I wonder if this is a good idea?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Great idea, especially if you are a burglar and come across this.
I assume it would be in your wallet or lady’s purse along with your photo licence which carries your address. Plus other items that may have your address on them. On the back of the card you don’t need to put an address as a selection of phone numbers could suffice.

Reactions: JRT
Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
I take it you don't carry your driving licence when you are out and about.?

Which of course you are required to do if you are driving.
Could you please direct me to the legislation that says I have to carry my driving licence with me when driving.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You don’t have to carry your driving licence in U.K. But it’s an offence not to produce it when requested by a police officer. You can have up to 7 days to produce it.

Reactions: Beardy
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I’m going to need a handbag with all these cards!
Why not type up and print your own “ I have a dog at home card “? Even I can do that on the computer👍

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site
Could you please direct me to the legislation that says I have to carry my driving licence with me when driving.

Oh dear I appear to have made a terrible faux pas in not being precise enough.... norty me.

You are required to produce it to a police officer on request, and it technically is an offence if you cannot. However if one cannot immediately produce on the spot it you will normally be given seven days to do so at a police station of your choosing.

Given that in our case the nearest station I can do this is over twenty miles away from home it is eminently sensible just to carry it with you.

And if course if you are away in your van for more than seven days you would have to return home to get the thing, unless of course it's in the 'van.

And although nothing to do with legalities it is a convenient form of photo ID when requested, along with a quick means of confirming your identity should you be unfortunate enough to be involved in a serious accident and rendered unconscious.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Oh dear I appear to have made a terrible faux pas in not being precise enough.... norty me.

You are required to produce to a police officer it on request, and it technically is an offence if you cannot. However if one cannot immediately produce on the spot it you will normally be given seven days to do so at a police station of your choosing.

Given that in our case the nearest station I can do this is over twenty miles away from home it is eminently sensible just to carry it with you.

And if course if you are away in your van for more than seven days you would have to return home to get the thing, unless of course it's in the 'van.

And although nothing to do with legalities it is a convenient form of photo ID when requested, along with a quick means of confirming your identity should you be unfortunate enough to be involved in a serious accident and rendered unconscious.
These days the police officer could probably show you your licence quicker than you could remove it from your wallet. 👍

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts