I'll start

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
We are collecting a 2010 Lunar Ultima Tl next Friday. It is a dealer special based on the Lexon. Our Swift Charisma is with the dealers for them to swap the mover over.
Cannot wait as we go direct from the dealer to a site not too far from the dealer for 10 days. If any problems the dealer says he will drive the ten minutes to the site to sort them out.

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
hi,
i have just bought a quasar 556 (2010) pick it up in 2 weeks....

any general views on the van????

it has a bit of delamination on the floor by the sink.. the dealer is getting this fixed under warranty, should i be concerned??

thanks

paul

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Sounds a bit quick for delamination (4 years) unless it's been used harshly. I hope my 2012 dealer special Quasar lasts significantly longer.
However, my previous van (1998 Avondale Avocet) also had a delaminated floor in the kitchen area when we bought it used, but we lived with it.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Just heard our new Quasar is to be delivered to dealer tomorrow. Unfortunately we are away all next week so picking it up the week after. We will just have to wait now.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Picked it up today and very pleased with it. Dealer says they are inundated, were handing over three caravans at once to get them out so things must be looking up on sales front.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Bought a 2013 Lunar Clubman ES in Feb 2013 - very pleased with the van - BUT it's taken a year to work through the defect list of 25 items! - so several trips back to the dealer, just got home today having the front windows replaced and the final defects sorted.

Main item was poor design of the Alde air circulation, not Alde's fault, but had to have an Alde engineer evaluate and approve design modifications for the dealer to carry out - working much better now but still NOT as good as a well-sorted Truma Ultraheat blown air system. Looking around new models from the three other main manufacturers, they aren't any better at installing the Alde than Lunar - in every case, there's insufficient gaps for cool air to flow towards the convectors, in many cases less than 15% of Alde's recommended MINIMUM.

Dealer has been good, despite leaving the Lunar franchise soon after we took delivery.

I always regard the caravan warranty period as a time to be endured, putting the defects right, and on past experience we should get 10 years trouble-free use out of warranty.

We're off shortly for a two month tour down Scotland's West Coast, from Sutherland to Galloway, via Mull.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, We hope to take it out somewhere near in the next few days but our daughter is moving house next week so we will be busy with that. We are booked in at York frrom 8 May which will be our first longer outing. Can't wait to get it out though.
We were a bit unlucky as it was delivered to the dealer on afternoon of 4 April and we were booked for a week away from 5th so had to use the old caravan but still all went well. Did discover price had gone up since we ordered it so we did well there.
Ray

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Just completed a 26 day trip covering 1430 miles mostly towing. Fuel consumption was better than previous caravan but this is lighter, narrower and lower and might be a bit more streamlined which may explain it.
Needed to get used to completely different layout but all works well once you work it out.
Only real fault was the sealing at the front of the shower tray failed at both sides although some evidence of carelessness in build. The design fault we found was front locked tends to foul the jockey wheel handle unless you have this very low. Otherwise very pleased so far.
Given the model only came out last September we were surprised to see another 564 at Chertsey C&CC site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts