Is ú450 a lot for new curtains??

Sep 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

We've just bought a second-hand Swift Rapide & thought we might replace the curtains which have seen better days. Just measured up today & found that it would cost nearly £450 from a supplier we found on the internet. This seems a lot, seeing as we only paid £3000 for the van. Is that what you would expect to pay or can anyone recommend anywhere cheaper? I can't sew so couldn't do them myself.

Thanks for your help.

Sue & Frank

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Do you have blinds as well? If so, why do you need curtains? If it's just for the look, I would stick up some fake ones which look as if they are hooked back either side.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Frank

When I replaced the carpet I also did the curtains. I needed a beige colour and at Dunelm they sell ready made door curtains.

When gathered these are a pretty good size and so I just cut them to length and glued the hems up with copydex. I did replace the header-tape with a 2" one which gives the pleated top a better scale for the size of the short drop of the window, but this is not necessary really. I got two curtains out of one door curtain, if that makes sense!

If your van has pelmets, as ours did, you can either take them off altogether or cover them with some of the left-over material. I took the side ones off and left the one over the front window on and it looked fine. New curtains and carpets certainly do give an older van a new lease of life and can make the upholstery look better if that is reasonable to start with.

Your efforts will be rewarded when you do finally get away and perhaps a couple of bigger cushions also from Dunelm might complete your make-over. I wish I was there to see it!!

Chris

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
we replaced all our curtains which had that funny plastic headed tape like little blobs that push into the curtain rail

we paid about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The other alternative is to buy a few newspapers and stick those up during the night time = improvise like our parents/grandparents did during the second world war. Also the thief will think you are so poor he will not pinch your van as it is not worth it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts