Is the Vendee full?

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
We are looking to book for 2 weeks in August next year for the Vendee (no further south than La Rochelle). All the sites we like the look of seem to be either full or we find a review somewhere that puts us off (maybe we are being too fussy?). Weve been trying to book since September on and off, (tried to book La Grangeoire for last 2 years), with no success. All we ask for is a reasonable pool (2 kids aged 9 & 6 to entertain) and small shop either on site or near by, anything else is a bonus. We want to avoid the 'disco/karaoke/drink in the bar till you fall down' type sites. We have previously used Les Castels on several occasions and always enjoyed them. Sites can be either coastal or inland - we dont care as long as its NICE. Can anybody help?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
David, I used a site earlier this year,which is on the edge of the Vendee. try www.loire-gites.com Lovely quiet site with small pool, and English owners.

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
David,

Try booking directly with La Garangeoire via their web site.

I booked in April to stay there in September

If you do manage to book there you wont be disapointed, it sounds just what you're looking for

GeorgeB

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tracy & GeorgeB, We have tried booking both through the Castels web site, and direct with La Garageoire, both with no luck. They did e-mail at the beginnig of October to say they would let us know mid-November if there were any cancellations but I have heard nothing so I assume they are still full. At the risk of becoming a nuisance I may e-mail them again- no harm in trying.

Hi emmerson, I looked at the loire-gites site and as you say looks like a fantastic little site, however it appears to be quite close to where we stayed this year (L'Etang de la Breche, Saumur) and we were hoping to head a touch further south and west next year. Perhaps we were just unlucky but the weather this year, whilst not bad, was not brilliant either.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi Again

I only emailed at the beginning of October they sent the literature through and only sent the cheque off last week ~ Just try emailing them again You cant but try Tracy

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Forgot to say La Foret is just down the road from the site you have been trying to book on to .La Foret is a lot quieter but still a family site and is next to the village,has two swimming pools etc and three fishing lakes,also do fridge hire (got to keep the beer and wine chilled)

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi David

Have you found anything yet? I spoke to Select today and asked them about the site you wanted to book they have vacancies from the 19th Aug onwards or they did have last week.

They also suggested other sites that you may be suitable for you and two children, give them a ring they are really helpful like The Potter said.

Hope this helps.

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for suggestions everyone.

We are quite tied to our dates (04/08 onwards) so it looks like La Garangeoire is full this year. We'll try again next year!

We tried a few other sites which were also full for our dates. We have also found a few bad/offputting reviews of other sites which we had considered (www.campsitereviews.com). We are very keen on Les Castels sites as all the previous ones we have visited have been exceptional, so we have ended up with a complete change of direction and are now heading to Le Val de Bonnal in Rougemont near the Swiss border (I know this is about as far from the Vendee as you can get while still being in France). Apparantly this site is run by the President of Les Castels so hopefully will be at least up to the usual standards. We have also always wanted to visit Switzerland and this site looks like it will be a day trip away, and we can also *** into Germany as well. We will also be staying near Paris for 3 nights on the way to break up the journey.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts