is there a way around it?????????????

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
hello again thought its worth asking if anyone can help we want to join the caravan and camping club and go to site we think is called tregurrian at watergate bay cornwall when we were in devon we went over there for a day and popped into see the man in the office for application forms.

we told him there was 3 caravans and could we be together he said he couldnt say,so what sould we do is there a way to get 3 together on cc sites that we dont know about with having kids who spend all day in and out of awnings i dont like them crossing the site sort of like to keep them tucked away in a corner if you know what i mean

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Know the feeling well.

We travel as a group too and often we ask on booking in advance and the answer is yes we can. Then when you turn up they say pick your pitch, meaning that they have not planned a group/set of pitches.

Jean at Linwater at East Calder (Edinburgh) is the exception.

She not only set aside our own paddock, but made sure we were right next to the toilet block to accomodate our disabled in-laws.

The site is immaculate and personally supervised by the owner (Jean) who goes above and beyond to give all her customers a holiday to remember. Nothing is too much trouble.

Steve L

Apr 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dazicki

We are members of both the caravan club and the camping and caravan club an we have found that group bookings requesting pitches together could be a problem with the carvan club. On arriving on site we have always been allowed to pick our own pitch, suggesting that they have a policy of first come first served. The Camping and caravanning club have always been able to put several vans together for us if asked for this in advance, but they always say this may not be possible at the booking stage.

I have only been a member of the CC for one year but all the sites I have visited have the same "pick your own pitch from what is available" policy, so it looks like it is a bit of a lottery with them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We often travel as a group of 3 or 4 vans and don't tend to use caravan club sites for this exact reason.

All of the caravan club sites we have visted use the "first come, first served" method and don't reserve pitches for either single or group bookings.

Hillhead CC site were quite helpful. They said that if there are adjacent pitches available when the first van arrives they would provide some motorhome signs which we could place on the other pitches to reserve them.

Some of our friends have disabled children and we like to be near them so we can help out the parents if needed. I am sure that we would visit more caravan club sites if they were able to accomodate us as a group.

Mark.

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
dont know what to do had a really crap hol this year and i think if we get it wrong next year everyone will be so annoyed it might stop us holidaying together again cant find anywhere we want to go other than the club site dont see why they have to be so awkward

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This topic has been discussed a few times on this forum, and there a lot of members who have the same request as yours. I support the CC policy of first come first served regarding pitch allocation, because I cannot think of one reason why groups of people should be pitched together when on most CC sites the farthest apart the can be is 50m surely that can't be classed as not being together. The groups that want to be together should join cc rallies where this requirement may be available!

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
i think our wires are crossed i dont want to open my door and be able to step into my sisters van i want pitches next to each other like numbers 1 to 3 im not going to move any closer than the rules say but you must see that if we were on opposite ends of the site the kids would be crossing roads or through other pitches to get to each other and you could argue that we shouldnt let them but this is the real world and kids play also we cook giant pans of curry and spag bol between us wouldnt fancy carting that across either.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dazicki - its only your wires that are crossed on this subject as the probability of your relations being at oposite ends of the site will be very small. If you are you are a member you can write to the club to get their views on the matter and I'm sure they will respond with an answer to your obvious problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts