Isabella Magnum Etna 400

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has the above porch awning and could give me your experiences,reviews etc.

After 2 trips away with our Kampa Rally pro air.....I'm not impressed with it.
No problem threading through awning rail.
Main fault was condensation in the mornings.
Not just a little,quite a bit, even though the 2 end ventilation flaps were open.
2nd trip tried it on hardstanding with same problem.

I love the look of the Isabella,expensive I know but if looked after properly,could potentially last for many years.
Our Kampa weighed about 33 kg.and would imagine the Isabella with the carbon poles would be about the same.
Any thoughts please?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has the above porch awning and could give me your experiences,reviews etc.

After 2 trips away with our Kampa Rally pro air.....I'm not impressed with it.
No problem threading through awning rail.
Main fault was condensation in the mornings.
Not just a little,quite a bit, even though the 2 end ventilation flaps were open.
2nd trip tried it on hardstanding with same problem.

I love the look of the Isabella,expensive I know but if looked after properly,could potentially last for many years.
Our Kampa weighed about 33 kg.and would imagine the Isabella with the carbon poles would be about the same.
Any thoughts please?
We had a Kampa Air Ace and even leaving the doors open we had a lot of condensation inside. Probably wetter inside than outside. Afte ronly a couple of nights use we took a hit and ans sold it.
We then bought an Isabella Magnum and have not looked back. IMHO easier and quicker to put up then the equivalent air awning. Having said that we do have a 220 air awning for the winter months as quick and easy to erect.

Reactions: GeorgeandAde
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We had a lightweight porch and that also suffered condensation when the nights got cooler. Our Magnum didn’t but they can be quite expensive. But it would fit future caravans. We finally had a Dorema Quattro porch and like previous Dorema full size awnings we have had none of them ever suffered similar condensation problems even being used all year. Try looking at alternatives to Isabella such as Bradcot or Dorema, both well established brands. We bought our Isabella Magnum pre owned from CMHC classifieds, it was like brand new but less than half the price.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My Kampa Rallye air still resides in the loft Condensation was partially cured with the ceiling liner. Our faithful Isabella Magnum is still going strong, withstands all weathers, easy to erect solo. Carbon x poles . The internal storm straps are fantastic. Overall a top drawer first class piece of kit

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Many thanks for replies.
I did consider the Dorema or Bradcot and I appreciate would be much cheaper,but having actually seen the Isabella "in the flesh" on display,it ticks all the boxes.
Ive watched a couple of videos on how to erect the awning,and I would imagine its a case of doing everything in the correct order.
Also,Dustydogs comments like,"still going strong,withstands all weathers,easy to erect" sounds good.
Yes,I know at about £1,700,it isnt cheap but you only live once:).
Wont need an awning now until spring next year so will keep my eyes open for maybe an end of season sale.

Thank you.
Ade

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Many thanks for replies.
I did consider the Dorema or Bradcot and I appreciate would be much cheaper,but having actually seen the Isabella "in the flesh" on display,it ticks all the boxes.
Ive watched a couple of videos on how to erect the awning,and I would imagine its a case of doing everything in the correct order.
Also,Dustydogs comments like,"still going strong,withstands all weathers,easy to erect" sounds good.
Yes,I know at about £1,700,it isnt cheap but you only live once:).
Wont need an awning now until spring next year so will keep my eyes open for maybe an end of season sale.

Thank you.
Ade
About 5 years ago we paid £1250 for our Magnum, but we bought it at the Feb NEC Show.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mine is ten years old , well used but in perfect order.On the current price it has cost me £170 a season. A cheaper one lasting say five years Will actually be more expensive in the long run.
Go on Ade , push the boat out!

Reactions: Buckman
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Dustydog.
One thing you did mention was the "internal storm straps".
I had visions of them being fixed inside the awning somehow:tearsofjoy:

Anyway,I just watched a couple of videos on "Facetube" and understand what you meant by "internal".👍
Ade

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Dustydog.
One thing you did mention was the "internal storm straps".

Anyway,I just watched a couple of videos on "Facetube" and understand what you meant by "internal".👍
Ade
The storm straps are much better inside. If you have the big storm pegs from a previous set, you can use the pegs and load straps which is what we did initially. Worked out a lot cheaper than £25 for each Isabella storm strap.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Dustydog.
One thing you did mention was the "internal storm straps".7CF34D6A-A864-4B1E-AC99-5A98BA729ED1.jpeg

Ade
Our Magnum also had ancillary tie down points on the front and sides. They required a bit of work to set up, but we’re effective. They use a long guy line that goes down from the tie down to a peg in the ground and you work along with this continuous guy making a sort of up and down v arrangement. Sound more complicated than actually doing it. Inside we did as Buckman explained.

The fittings are Campioflex shown below. An alternative and quicker install by not weaving a v thread.

C005D19C-604E-496A-B88B-C6CBA9C93965.jpeg

CA48D2DA-CD34-4664-8252-949319C5A7C6.jpeg
F843FA8C-B3B8-4FEC-95C1-347FDD445400.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I have the same as Buckman, 18”pegs either side with the straps attached to the frame side roof rails. Thus all the stress is on the frame rather than directly on the canvas. I never found it necessary to use the ones Clive mentioned. But agree using the canvas anchors makes the Izzy excellent

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
We have had our Magnum for 13 years. It's been absolutely brilliant and still looks almost new.
It has withstood some horrible weather over the years and two kids that were 2 and 5 when we first bought it and were never vey careful with bikes and scooters etc.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Our Magnum also had ancillary tie down points on the front and sides. They required a bit of work to set up, but we’re effective. They use a long guy line that goes down from the tie down to a peg in the ground and you work along with this continuous guy making a sort of up and down v arrangement. Sound more complicated than actually doing it. Inside we did as Buckman explained.

The fittings are Campioflex shown below. An alternative and quicker install by not weaving a v thread.

View attachment 2391

View attachment 2390
View attachment 2388
Looks nice

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have had our Magnum for 13 years. It's been absolutely brilliant and still looks almost new.
It has withstood some horrible weather over the years and two kids that were 2 and 5 when we first bought it and were never vey careful with bikes and scooters etc.
probably get some more years as well :)

Reactions: Bluetonic
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

View attachment 2391

View attachment 2390
First time I have ever seen the awning tied down using the upper eyelets. We simply peg down at the bottom and never had a hassle even in high winds.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
First time I have ever seen the awning tied down using the upper eyelets. We simply peg down at the bottom and never had a hassle even in high winds.
I used lower and upper tie downs. Didn’t always use uppers if weather forecast was okay as the Isabella on its own withstands weather very well. I also had the internal ratchet lock straps like Dusty too.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We created internal straps for our poled Walker awning using ratchet straps from Aldi. 4 in a pack for a tenner. Loop around the frame near 3 front poles. Hook them around a ladder style peg strap and hammer in a decent storm peg.
Mel

Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We created internal straps for our poled Walker awning using ratchet straps from Aldi. 4 in a pack for a tenner. Loop around the frame near 3 front poles. Hook them around a ladder style peg strap and hammer in a decent storm peg.
Mel
We got the load straps from Halfords and still have them. A year later I bought a roofbox and as a gift I was given 6 load straps for buying from them. LOL!

May 24, 2014
Visit site
The Magnum Etna is just a different colour to all the other Magnums after the Coal variant. Izzy change the colours almost annualy and the only other difference you will find is either a clear or opaque panel below the window.

So, we have had two Kampas, both used only once and consigned to the "seemed like a good idea corner". We have had nothing but Izzy awnings since, current variant a 2019 Magnum Silver. They are unchallenged as the best on the market and with good reason. We use ours solo for short stays and in tandem with a tall annex for long stays, which we use as a door/porch for the porch so to speak. It gives the advantage as being almost as big as a full awning. TBH, i wouldnt have another air awning if it was free.

Reactions: Dustydog
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Our 30 odd year old Bradcot has never had a condensation problem but it is genuine cotton. Possibly newer materials are the problem.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
We had both Bradcot and Dorema in our earliest days, and didnt have a condesnation problem either, but we did find, particularly on the Dorema that the zips werent the most free running we have used.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We had both Bradcot and Dorema in our earliest days, and didnt have a condesnation problem either, but we did find, particularly on the Dorema that the zips werent the most free running we have used.
On a full Dorema awning we had to have all the front zips repalced udn er warranty as they packe dup in less than a year. Also the awning chnaged colour from blue to green over the space of 2 years however nothing wrong with the material.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts