Isle of wight

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Anyone stayed at the Lower Hyde Park resorts site on the IOW.

Looking to book for last two weeks of July, will this park be suitable for teens, plenty to keep them occupied!what are the beaches like and is the area suitable for cycling. We have never been to the IOW we normally sail past on way to france but fancy a change this year.

Any further info on area or any other sites would be usefull, one last thing pitches must be big enough to take twin axle caravan.

Looking forward to your help.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Wayne,

Lower Hyde is a typical Park resort with all the bells and whistles associated with a leisure complex.

It has swimming pool, club, shop etc etc.

The beaches are a relatively short drive away at Sandown (for the best) or Shanklin with Ryde somewhat further away.

Sandown and Shanklin have everything to keep teens amused includig night clubs.

The Island is very well served with good cycling routes, although be prepared for some very steep hills !!!

The last weeks of July and the beginning of August are the Islands busiest times, so the site will be very busy, and it is a huge site, not only tourers but also statics.

Access is easy but the entry road to the site from the main road needs careful driving as it becomes quite narrow as you approach the main entrance.

Pitches are of a good size, certainly no problems with a twin axle van.

Anything else? just ask.

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I've stayed at Lower Hyde (but in a static van, so I can't comment on the touring facilities).

It's a lovely site - clean, tidy, well laid out. You're a stone's throw from Shanklin (10 minute walk) which can be a good thing....if you like Shanklin! Bit touristy for me.

The site has a club house, shop, outdoor pool (busy), all-weather courts. You'll need a car to get to the beach.

The site is quite hilly - not so good for the elderly or infirm.

I'd go back - if there wasn't anywhere else to go, but as the IOW has some great sites, I'd go there instead.

Mac

TRENDING THREADS