It is not just the caravan industry

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
With all the work taking place in the house we decided to bring forward our intention to replace all of the windows in 2022. Two companies have quoted and lead times are between 20 and 26 weeks, so it looks as if it could be 2022 anyway. Flooring for the kitchen is 16 weeks too. None of these items have computer chips, so I wonder how these sort of restrictions on ordinary manufactured items and materials may affect leisure vehicle makers with their supply chains. I can envision partially completed caravans stored....outside!⛈ ⚡ ❄

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
You are not on your own we been waiting for some work on our kitchen and roof the weeks are just rolling by keep sending a email we will get back to you asap

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You are not on your own we been waiting for some work on our kitchen and roof the weeks are just rolling by keep sending a email we will get back to you asap

Fortunately we had major roof work done last autumn, and the kitchen fitters have moved straight from 4 weeks at our daughters to then start ours last Monday. The plasterers are in today on their stilts!! The new kitchen appliances are sitting in the lounge and units arrive on Wednesday so apart from the flooring we should finish by the end of next week.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Apparently there is a shortage of many construction materials. The guys doing our drive said there was rationing at some builders merchants which limited how many bags of whatever they could get. A mate was waiting weeks for some plasterboard for his kitchen. Some folks say it isCovid, others that ship getting stuck in Suez, some say Brexit. Who knows, perhaps a combination of many factors.
Mel

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Fortunately we had major roof work done last autumn, and the kitchen fitters have moved straight from 4 weeks at our daughters to then start ours last Monday. The plasterers are in today on their stilts!! The new kitchen appliances are sitting in the lounge and units arrive on Wednesday so apart from the flooring we should finish by the end of next week.
i hope they continue and you are happy with the work you are having on your daughters and yours :)

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
We ordered conservatory furniture in March for April delivery.
Had email to say it would now be June.
Another email to say it would arrive in July.
Recent email says August.
They say its all to do with the ship stuck in Suez Canal,(or the many others stuck behind it).
Still.....our reclining Kampa chairs are earning their money in conservatory.🤭

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
They say its all to do with the ship stuck in Suez Canal,(or the many others stuck behind it).
Its some weeks ago that the ship was stuck then released and the others behind it continued but that ship has only just been authorised for departurenow that the salvage and insurers have reached agreement. I guess the companies will place blame wherever they can. I get irritated when phone lines blame covid for delays in answering with staff working from home. They have had 18 months to get the systems up and running.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
With all the work taking place in the house we decided to bring forward our intention to replace all of the windows in 2022. Two companies have quoted and lead times are between 20 and 26 weeks, so it looks as if it could be 2022 anyway. Flooring for the kitchen is 16 weeks too. None of these items have computer chips, so I wonder how these sort of restrictions on ordinary manufactured items and materials may affect leisure vehicle makers with their supply chains. I can envision partially completed caravans stored....outside!⛈ ⚡ ❄
They need computer chips for the machines to operate? :D

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just remember how long it took for my awning order in January got it May same thing a ship stuck in Suez Canal so i hope it not to long for you :)

Last edited:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Apparently there is a shortage of many construction materials. The guys doing our drive said there was rationing at some builders merchants which limited how many bags of whatever they could get. A mate was waiting weeks for some plasterboard for his kitchen. Some folks say it isCovid, others that ship getting stuck in Suez, some say Brexit. Who knows, perhaps a combination of many factors.
Mel
It's been said that HS2 is the cause of some shortages of builders materials.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It's been said that HS2 is the cause of some shortages of builders materials.
Thats a very good point as now it is going full chat the quantities of materials must be immense. From the numbers that blame the ship that grounded in Suez it must have been carrying all of UK and Europes imports for 2021.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Can we ever win😄😄😄😄
Eggs will be sold in baskets again, as they can't get the used cardboard to pulp into the boxes and plastic is to be phased out, and the lack of chickens, due to a chicken farm being burt down in Driffield in Yorkshire.
No we can't win. 😯😯😯

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thats a very good point as now it is going full chat the quantities of materials must be immense. From the numbers that blame the ship that grounded in Suez it must have been carrying all of UK and Europes imports for 2021.
It didn't need to have all the Uk's goods, the fact it blocked the canal for a week, preventing hundreds of other freighters from getting through was the bigger effect. Some of course were tankers, and the companies bosses redirected them to other places, which left us short, and with increased lead times to be resupplied.

I have heard one estimate from a leading freight company that reckons the blockage has delayed or otherwise affected either directly or indirectly well over 25% of the worlds marine freight .

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you have tried to buy wood recently you may be very unpleasantly surprised at its cost.

On 1st July the price rose by 60%, making the total rise for the year to date 160%.

Apparently it is because America could not agree the contract with Canada for wood, so none is supplied by Canada and America is buying up everything they can from all over the world.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Amazon have them🤪🤪🤪
I’ve got around 20 brand new packing boxes lurking in the garage. We bought them to help with kitchen installations ate our houses but not required as stuff is laying around the house Willy Nilly. Soon to be advertised on Freecycle.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts