Italian bottled gas

Oct 15, 2021
Visit site
Hello,

We're traveling from Italy to Austria, most probably via Bolzano. A month ago, on our arrival in Italy, we exchanged german/austrian gas bottle for an italian one. Now, as we don't need the italian bottle anymore, we would like to exchange it back for german/austrian one. Is that possible and if yes, where we could do it?

Or maybe it's possible to do it in Austria? However, i'm not quite sure, i guess somewhere in Italy nearer Austrian border this could be more likely.

Anyways, any information would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Whilst there is a common European policy regarding gas pressures (30mBar for LPG) there is no global harmonization of gas bottle fittings, which is left to each state.

To get close to a standard, the EU regs now call for bulkhead regulators with a "pigtail" connection to the gas bottle. It is possible to get pigtails for most types of bottle, but most likely in the area where that particular brand of gas is sold.

Also there is no standardisation as to the supply of gas bottles or refills, so you have to follow the advice of the company that supplies you. Whether they have a cross border policy depends on the company you use.

The nearest to a pan European gas suppliers is Camping Gaz - there could be others but I'm not aware of them.

Some gas bottles are refillable (subject the bottle owners terms and conditions) at some autogas fuel stations, but not all autogas stations will allow the filling of portable bottles.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

We're traveling from Italy to Austria, most probably via Bolzano. A month ago, on our arrival in Italy, we exchanged german/austrian gas bottle for an italian one. Now, as we don't need the italian bottle anymore, we would like to exchange it back for german/austrian one. Is that possible and if yes, where we could do it?

Or maybe it's possible to do it in Austria? However, i'm not quite sure, i guess somewhere in Italy nearer Austrian border this could be more likely.

Anyways, any information would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
It seems like you are already there,so why don't you ask a few gas stockists

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts