It's right. You learn something New every day.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Had my van plus fridge serviced on Friday, needed a roof strap repaired, otherwise everything OK.

Then----- Started to get van ready, hope to go away next week. then I realised that there was no 12v supply in the van, no cooker ignition, no fridge control circuits and no lighting, every thing dead. Checked every fuse I could find, all checked out. Then noticed top left hand corner of RCD box "Systems shutdown switch" never used it, never noticed it before.

After a quick change of clothing, everything settled now.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Had my van plus fridge serviced on Friday, needed a roof strap repaired, otherwise everything OK.

Then----- Started to get van ready, hope to go away next week. then I realised that there was no 12v supply in the van, no cooker ignition, no fridge control circuits and no lighting, every thing dead. Checked every fuse I could find, all checked out. Then noticed top left hand corner of RCD box "Systems shutdown switch" never used it, never noticed it before.

After a quick change of clothing, everything settled now.
At least you know now if it happens again simple repair have a nice time away when you go

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
How long have you had the caravan, ?
There is always something new to learn.
Have fun. 😎
That's the point, I've had this van 6 years this month, and a Corniche 10 years before that, with similar electric systems, and never noticed it. :mad: :rolleyes:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That's the point, I've had this van 6 years this month, and a Corniche 10 years before that, with similar electric systems, and never noticed it. :mad: :rolleyes:
If you look in the owners manual for swift’s you will see guidance on that 12 volt press switch which on my 2012-13 had to be pressed in for towing. Says something about it setting up the electrical circuits specifically for towing,

May 24, 2014
Visit site
That's the point, I've had this van 6 years this month, and a Corniche 10 years before that, with similar electric systems, and never noticed it

Are you sure that you are safe to drive? Get your eyes checked man ;):giggle:

Reactions: DaveA1
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure that you are safe to drive? Get your eyes checked man ;):giggle:
Fnuuy enough------------ Can't explain it, I'm the one that reads the instructions. Although when you bye a second hand van you don't get the book with it.

I've now got a short cut to swift web to the instruct manual Now I'm off for a lay down

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts