jammed towing ball

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Ive picked up my first caravan and now the ball can not be released from the ball, the hitch has a side spring release.

any idea's on how to release it would be appreciated. From the sound of other posts, I must have the wrong ball fitted for that hitch, could that be likely.

cheers sooty

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Sooty, dont worry.you probably need to release some of the tension on the hitch.If the rubber concertina cover is squashed up mve forward,if it is pulled out reverse a touch.Lots of folk have this problem at some time.

GOOD LUCK IT WILL BE OK

Thursdays Child

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
If it's got a side spring release it could be a B&B hitch, in which case Sooty, at the same time that you press the little lever in at the side (spring release) you need to pull up on the hitch handle.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
does it have the push button on side by handle that has press on it but over time it wears the press of and the button is not very easy to make out (did you pull forward to release presure on hitch).

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Would you believe it, I had the same problem, I changed the car and the new car would not unhitch, found I had an Al-co on the van, got it off in the end but had to change the tow ball to match the van.

Sorry this is no help to you.

Reg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts