jockey wheels

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
hi, does anyone out there have probs with jockey wheels or is it just our inexperience showing, yesterday we managed to lift the whole thing out of his housing thankfully a fellow camper helped us to put it together again, its a new van and its not the jockey wheel its us, is there a knack to this or just a case of practice makes perfect. j @ j

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Ha ha, you've passed the initiation test! You are now a true caravannee...

You need to get used to moving the jockey wheel housing by the little handle on the side of the A frame, you'll get to know how far it will unravel by winding the big handle on top and I can assure you you won't do it too often lol.

If its any consolation we did it on our first trip out and I'm sorry to say I found it hysterically funny, so much so in fact that I was incapable of helping hold the van up, much to my OH's digust.

When we arrived at our destination we went to put the jockey wheel down and it was like a crumpled horn, we hadn't put it up properly to travel. I made sure I went behind the van and out of sight before I fell apart that time....

Good luck.

Feb 28, 2007
Visit site
Couln't agree more

We got our first van home late at night , unhitched(boy this is asy we thought!) we needed to move the van back to the driveway, well I could not reverse in them days(thats another story will you will have to face someday!) anyway we (thats the Royal we) undid the clamp on the side of the jockey wheel(I told the wife she should have have paid more attention when instructed what needed to be done!)and down went the van! Panic set in as it was about 10pm and we had not a clue what to do or indeed what we had done if truthful. Luckilly for us, but not for them, there was fellow caravanvers in the street and we had to get them out of bed to help us! Like all things in life practice makes perfect so don't think you are the first one to do such things as most of us have been there before you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts