Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Charles,

I bought a jsbhublock approx one year ago. I am quite impressed with it as a security measure, a heavy duty piece of kit.

It's been discussed on here a couple of times before with one or two members reckoning it would be easy to remove. Prior to buying the lock I phoned up the manufacturer to ask a few questions. He is a caravanner himself as well as being an engineer and had the misfortune to have his caravan stolen. When he discovered there was not a security device on the market resistant to burning he set about designing one. All those who have said they could remove it in minutes have been invited to demonstrate to him how they would do this.. none have.

The only downside to it is that you have to jack up your caravan and remove the wheel to fit the hublock, perhaps a bit too inconvenient for some. I only use mine when the van is in storage, at other times I use the alko wheel lock. I find I can fit the hublock in approx 15 to 20 minutes. It gives additional piece of mind and I would recommend it.

I would also recommend you phone the manufacturer if you have any questions regarding the device. Unfortunately I can't remember his name but he is very friendly and helpful. I would also recommend buying the optional wheel guides ( perhaps not the correct name), two threaded spindles which help you get the wheel aligned up when refitting.

Robert

Sep 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Rob-T,

Thanks for that.I searched previous postings for any dicussions,but I probably didn't go back far enough.I only intend to use the Hub Lock when my van is stored on the drive between holidays,so I wouldn't mind spending a few minutes securing it.Thanks for your advice regarding the wheel guides.

Regards Charles.

Jun 10, 2018
Visit site
I've just been looking at these jsb. I think I'm going to get them. 20 mins extra on top of other locks is better than it going missing.
I appreciate this is an old post but has anyone had an attempted theft with one of these fitted ?
Thanks.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I've just been looking at these jsb. I think I'm going to get them. 20 mins extra on top of other locks is better than it going missing.
I appreciate this is an old post but has anyone had an attempted theft with one of these fitted ?
Thanks.
I would think you wouldn’t know about an attempted theft as most thieves would move on to something a bit easier to steal. They do look pretty intimidating.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts