just back from 1st trip out !

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Just back from our 1st ever caravan trip in our Bailey.

Boy, we know how to pick the best weather dont we!?!

Went to Wareham Forest Touring Park, cannot recommend the site enough - just what we were looking for, quiet, spacious, forest walks for dogs.

Weather was absolutely awful!...on Fri night to Sat early hours we had about 10 hours of constant rain and 60mph winds!

We have definetly caught the "bug" and already planning this weekend's trip away. Summing up the whole experience we have noticed that -

our sunncamp bargain porch awning can withstand 60 mph winds!

Why, when there are numerous signs saying "strictly dogs on leads throughout park" do people think its clever to walk around without their dog on a lead??!!?? we are dog owners and like nothing better to let ours run free....but no,..we abide by park rules but saw many who didnt!

Noticed aswell, instead of walking around our pitch (green space all around us)...that some people prefer to "***" through our pitch, hop over our electric hook up - thus disturbing our dog, followed by barking!!!

All this said, made for eventful weekend, only a few minor gripes outweighed by lots of positives! We know now after the stormy atrocious weather of this weekend our new caravan and little awning can withstand anything!

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi sarah, glad you had a great time.we are going on our 3rd trip in our new 1st ever van a week on monday to old-brick-kilns site in norfolk it looks well nice.we have got the bug as soon as we went on a caravan club site that was it as soon as i got back from our 1st trip to a cc site ive booked lots of weekends and weeks away on line its great because you dont have to pay until you get there.

the old brick kilns site isnt a cc site but it does have a little cl on there that looks ace but we couldnt go on there as they were fully booked. enjoy, the buzz never goes away.

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Its addictive isnt it jo-anne!

We were sat in the caravan and were like - "well..where to next weekend then?!!"

I didnt know that about CC sites (that you didnt pay until you got there)...thats a good idea cos i might look on their website now because im not having much luck for this bank hol weekend (last minute i know),..but we have only recently got the van.

Thanks!

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
on there website you can click on to the home page bottom left it will take you to the bank hol weekend available pitches.where in the country do you live?.i hope you dont mind me asking im in coventry.

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
we are in Devon, so accessible to Cornwall, Devon, Dorset and Somerset. We were thinking about a CL as we like quiet and have the dog but want a hook up....they are not all battery only sites are they???

May 18, 2006
Visit site
Sarah, glad you enjoyed your weekend inspite of the weather - hopefully next time the sun will shine.

We have been caravanning for over 20 years and people cutting across our plot still bugs me and my wife and yes it sets the dog off!

Also people who think they can ignore site rules are just ignorant.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi sarah, i have not been to any CL'S yet. we are going to the caravan clubs looe site in july.it is a fairly big site with an outdoor pool and a crazy golf course.we are going the week before the summer hols so hopefully it wont be as busy.there is some nice looking sites in cornwall (i love cornwall) the site is called godrevy in hayle looks lovely and quiet and so does the one at st agnes.with the cc web site its grat you can book, check availability, cancel bookings, see a layout of the site.let me know how you get on.maybe if you visit any cc sites in devon you can tell me what they are like.thanks

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi sarah again, just had a look on cc website.you can click on and check out the CL'S in cornwall and you tick the boxes if you want electric, dogs, hardstanding, toilets etc.i ticked just electric and it came up with loads, so check it out when you get chance.

take care and enjoy.

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
thanks all!

thats where i have been so long.. went on the CC website and got carried away with finding sites..i have e mailed multiple owners and will let you know how we get on!

May 20, 2006
Visit site
Grrr, i hate people walking through my pitch too, it takes ages to get my wifes little terrier to stop barking.

The trick is to wind break off your pitch, or as much is possible. i know not all sites allow this but if it makes your weekend more relaxing.......

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Why is it good that you dont have to pay until you get there,you still have to pay?
hi up until last octber we used to hire houses by the sea or caravans.with those kind of holidays you had to pay 6 weeks before.its just nice to pay when you get there if you have not done it before you wouldnt understand.

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Yes!

On a booking frenzy at the moment!

We've booked a CL site for this weekend (our 1st CL) to a farm site near Chew Valley Lake (Bath/Wells area)....

then we have booked the following weekend at "Old Oaks" -private site near Glastonbury.

I have also e mailed a couple more CL owners (one near Dartmoor and another at Mevagissy in Cornwall for other weekends in June)

Also enquired for Christmas too!

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
jo-anne - another thing - i dont know whether you have been to looe before??...its lovely, one of my favourite Cornish places...you should have a great time there.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
we are in Devon, so accessible to Cornwall, Devon, Dorset and Somerset. We were thinking about a CL as we like quiet and have the dog but want a hook up....they are not all battery only sites are they???
Try looking on www.5van.co.uk for CL's/CS's

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts