Kampa Carpet

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
We've got one of these and don't find it a problem but we do wear trainers most of the time when caravanning. It is a bit tough on bare knees though if you kneel on it! Overall, very happy with it.

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
Talking of awning carpets, we have a breathable one thats like open weave 1/8 inch squares. Its absolutely filthy as every time we go in the caravan it rains so it gets muddy on both sides. Can anyone help on the best way to clean it. Alans thoughts are that on a fine day he'll spread it out on the patio and blast it with the pressure washer -- Any thoughts anyone

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
I did mine last week by using my cleaned out wheelie bin.

Put ground sheet in bin (I was told to use old kiddies paddling pool) pour in a tub of cheappy patio cleaner, cover with water, leave for 24 hrs and then hose down over a washing line.

It came up a treat and even took away that musty smell they get.

May 22, 2006
Visit site
I bought a new Kampa awning carpet the close weave one, found it very good nothing came through it eg worm piles or insects but it was a little slippy when we put down a small door mat at the awning entrance.

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
I did mine last week by using my cleaned out wheelie bin.

Put ground sheet in bin (I was told to use old kiddies paddling pool) pour in a tub of cheappy patio cleaner, cover with water, leave for 24 hrs and then hose down over a washing line.

It came up a treat and even took away that musty smell they get.
Thanks slowcoach, we'll give that a go I think ( once the binmen have been lol)

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
We've had one of these for a couple of years, used it in the new forest a couple of weeks ago. WHAT A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!!

Water came up trough it when it rained,this was worse as we were sleeping in the anex bedrooms both ends of the awning.

I'm thnking of going back to proper ground sheets as we mostly use CL's and most don't ask for breatheable ground sheets.

I think these things this are a stepback, Yes the grass stays greener, but its a caravan site not a golf course! If you arrive and don't have an awning, put your caravan on the discoloured bit. I.M.H.O.!

Sorry, back to the orginal question, The slippyness goes away after a few uses.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts