Kia EV 6 car of the Year

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The tide is turning but will Putin spoil it? Six of the seven city are EVs
The Kia on paper is amazing 161mph 361 BHP. 328 miles range. 7 year warranty. Uses 800 watt technology rather than the usual 400 watt. Hopefully Kia will be the first to produce an acceptable EV tug.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The tide is turning but will Putin spoil it? Six of the seven city are EVs
The Kia on paper is amazing 161mph 361 BHP. 328 miles range. 7 year warranty. Uses 800 watt technology rather than the usual 400 watt. Hopefully Kia will be the first to produce an acceptable EV tug.
I think you meant 800Volt not 800W. 800Watts would pull the skin off rice pudding but I doubt it would get to 161mph!

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
The EV6 is a very useful looking bit of kit, and can tow 1600kg too. I had a quick look round a stationary one a month or so ago. Its a comfortable looking place, but with some sporty attributes too. The 3rd car in the Kia / Hyundai / Genesis trio is the GV60, also coming to the UK, with a slightly different take too. Also looks good.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
I think the EV6 also has a 240 volt output to allow portable devices to be operated and can also share charge to help another EV. So much easier than siphoning fuel.
Yes, they call this V2L or vehicle to load. You can use it to run that all important hair dryer when on a non-hookup CL (if I had any hair to dry).

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I think the EV6 also has a 240 volt output to allow portable devices to be operated and can also share charge to help another EV. So much easier than siphoning fuel.
Will this allow ne'er do wells to drain electric from your EV? Someone tried draining unleaded from one of our cars many years ago. Lucky for us the tank was nearly empty, but their hose was stuck in the pipe and I could not remove it. Eventually pulled it as much as I could and cut it. the rest disappeared down into the tank and was still there when the car was sold.

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
Will this allow ne'er do wells to drain electric from your EV? Someone tried draining unleaded from one of our cars many years ago. Lucky for us the tank was nearly empty, but their hose was stuck in the pipe and I could not remove it. Eventually pulled it as much as I could and cut it. the rest disappeared down into the tank and was still there when the car was sold.
No, you would need to enable the socket from in the car, and it uses a special connector to allow a 3 pin plug to plug in.

Reactions: Buckman
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My Best Mans younger brother ran a Chevrolet Impala for two years on OP’s leaded fuel. Parents were Sunday School teachers and mum was a Junior school Head teacher. Just shows you can’t win them all 😂

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
At present I am hoping to have a look and see if this Kia EV6 car suits my mobility needs, getting into the car it just depends on the height and width but at present enjoying my present car it great .

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
At present I am hoping to have a look and see if this Kia EV6 car suits my mobility needs, getting into the car it just depends on the height and width but at present enjoying my present car it great .
If you can see an Ioniq 5 at the same time, the comparison might be interesting. The Hyundai I5 is a bit higher up that the EV6, but shares the same platform.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Which car of he year was this? there always seems to be several run by different organisations.
The range quoted would still be too short for us to consider it as a tow car as I would think the towing range would be nearer 150 miles, we would need places to recharge where we did not have to unhook the caravan as well. For the moment EV's they can just about do the job but we need a bit more progress and better charging facilities. They are good as a second car as the mileage there is going to be far less.

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
Which car of he year was this? there always seems to be several run by different organisations.
The range quoted would still be too short for us to consider it as a tow car as I would think the towing range would be nearer 150 miles, we would need places to recharge where we did not have to unhook the caravan as well. For the moment EV's they can just about do the job but we need a bit more progress and better charging facilities. They are good as a second car as the mileage there is going to be far less.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
If you can see an Ioniq 5 at the same time, the comparison might be interesting. The Hyundai I5 is a bit higher up that the EV6, but shares the same platform.
The nearest Hyundai dealership roughly 14 miles from home but the Kia is local so thanks for your help in this matter (y)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The EV6 looks the same height as our Kia Cee’d. I can get in and out but it kills the knee. BB at 6ft I can manage. Not sure just how disabled you are but I have to admit I find the Touareg very easy to use. Not sure I’d want a lower car for my regular use

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The EV6 looks the same height as our Kia Cee’d. I can get in and out but it kills the knee. BB at 6ft I can manage. Not sure just how disabled you are but I have to admit I find the Touareg very easy to use. Not sure I’d want a lower car for my regular use

So if it same height as a Kia Ceed it might not be suitable for my needs .

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
The Ev 6 is I'm sure taller than the Cred. It's a large car but in photos looks smaller. I love the styling. Want one there is a heck of a wait but it does look beautiful imo. Ioniq is as Tobes says on the same platform ,equally futuristic but v different looks wise. Kia Hyundai designers have suddenly got cutting edge. There have been a few complaints re the ev 6 about heaters not working but a7 year warranty gives confidence. Every owner I speak too is over the moon with the car. And I mean glowing. In a situation where most drivers are in a rush they're happy to stop and expound on its virtues.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The Ev 6 is I'm sure taller than the Cred. It's a large car but in photos looks smaller. I love the styling. Want one there is a heck of a wait but it does look beautiful imo. Ioniq is as Tobes says on the same platform ,equally futuristic but v different looks wise. Kia Hyundai designers have suddenly got cutting edge. There have been a few complaints re the ev 6 about heaters not working but a7 year warranty gives confidence. Every owner I speak too is over the moon with the car. And I mean glowing. In a situation where most drivers are in a rush they're happy to stop and expound on its virtues.
if it taller and the width there i would need to check, what it like from my wheelchair and see what the legroom like . (y)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
if it taller and the width there i would need to check, what it like from my wheelchair and see what the legroom like . (y)
I don’t think that legroom should be a problem. We have a current model Rio which is two classes below the EV6. I am 6 ft 4 in and don’t have any problem with leg or headroom. However there’s virtually nothing for rear seat passengers when I’m driving. What I am finding is that getting in to several new model cars requires a bit of ducking and diving. The Rio, , daughters Corolla and grandsons 3 series touring both require me to really bend to avoid the roofline above the door. Once inside bags of room. Same with the current Focus and Civic models. Perhaps that’s why us oldies now go for crossovers. 😟

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
AWD

Want more? This is the car.
This is a powerful car for those who like a little extra. With all-wheel drive, 239 kW and a towing capacity of up to 1,600 kg, this car faces all types of challenges. With no emissions, of course.

• Battery pack: 77.4 kWh
  • Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
  • Range: Up to 314 miles
  • Fast charging: 10-80% in 18 minutes
  • 0-62 mph: 5.2 seconds
  • Power: 321 bhp (239 kW)
  • Top speed: 116 mph
  • Towing capacity: Up to 1,600 kg
RWD

Want to go far? No problem, go far!
Combined with the 77.4 kWh battery pack, this rear-wheel drive can take you up to 328 miles on one charge. Ultra-fast charge from 10 to 80% in only 18 minutes, so you can stay on the road.

• Battery pack: 77.4 kWh
  • Drivetrain: Rear-wheel drive
  • Range: Up to 328 miles
  • Fast charging: 10-80% in 18 minutes
  • 0-62 mph: 7.3 seconds
  • Power: 226 bhp (168kW)
  • Top speed: 114 mph
  • Towing capacity: Up to 1,600 kg
Kia Specs from the website.

Seems as though most impressive figures from each have been attributed to a third model that doesn't exist.
As for 161 mph.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts