Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone
i’m after some advice on my kia sorento ..
when i drive straight no problems .. when negotiating bends i can feel a vibration of sorts through the steering wheel but when i look at the steering wheel it’s perfectly still .. all tyres are same make and tread.. the fuel consumption is shocking .. €85 gives me 220 miles and my thought is that it may be in 4 wheel drive but there’s no indication on the dash to say it’s engaged .. ( it’s auto 4 wheel drive and you then change it to 4 wheel low if required ) is there anyway to prove it’s possibly in 4 wheel drive ? ive been told pull the fuse that operates 4 wheel drive and see but not sure which fuse to pull .. any advice greatly appreciated.. i’m in spain and had bad experiences with spanish garages and english ones to
regards
antony

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Anton, don't look too deep, The electronic rear engagment etc. Look for track rod ends etc. Take the car to a garage and get the full tracking and balance done. , good luck.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Until recently I ran two Sorento over the last 15 years. Excellent beasts and in many ways underrated. So, what oil has been used in the rear axle? It is a lsd that requires special oil. Similarly the gear box and transfer gearbox use specially rated oils.
Are yours all correct?
Then, such a “shimmy” could well be worn wheel bearings or suspension joints as suggested by Hutch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts