kia sorento automatic

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I am looking to upgrade to a twin axle caravan with a 1650 mtplm
I have a 2018 Sorento KX 2 Auto
Do any forum members drive this vehicle with a twin axle caravan of similar or same weight and what are your thoughts and advice

Many Thanks
Bluerocket

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Not a vehicle I have driven, but you may find this list helpful:
Kia Sorento Curb Weight by Years and Trims (autotk.com)
It gives kerbweight between 1680 and 1799kg for 2018 models front wheel driven, and 1816 - 1860 for 4 wheel drive, although no 'KX' listed!
And this site:
Kia Sorento - Towing Capacity & Weight Limit Information
lists the max capacity of all models to be 2000kg.
If you look on the VI plate on the ?passenger front door frame that will quote the exact weights for the car. which will aid your decisions.

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Not a vehicle I have driven, but you may find this list helpful:
Kia Sorento Curb Weight by Years and Trims (autotk.com)
It gives kerbweight between 1680 and 1799kg for 2018 models front wheel driven, and 1816 - 1860 for 4 wheel drive, although no 'KX' listed!
And this site:
Kia Sorento - Towing Capacity & Weight Limit Information
lists the max capacity of all models to be 2000kg.
If you look on the VI plate on the ?passenger front door frame that will quote the exact weights for the car. which will aid your decisions.
Thanks for your info this will be very helpful Thank-you

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Blurocket, although not the Kia, I have a Hyundai 2014, SanteFe, which is basicaĺly the same car, Its the 2.2 diesel, it tows our 1645kg max Coachman a treat, it did have a struggle over the French Massifs at 2300 meters but at 30 to 35 c and I think our van was well overweight.
I think you will have no problems at all.

Feb 16, 2020
Visit site
I Have a 2019 Sorento KX3 automatic tow a twin axle with an 1800 mtplm. Tows great very stable. Had a 2016 KX2 before this one and took the van to the south of France 3 times with no issues.

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I am looking to upgrade to a twin axle caravan with a 1650 mtplm
I have a 2018 Sorento KX 2 Auto
Do any forum members drive this vehicle with a twin axle caravan of similar or same weight and what are your thoughts and advice

Many Thanks
Bluerocket

Hi Blue Rocket.
I have a Kia Sorento KX-3 auto and pull a Coachman Pastiche with it which is one of the heaviest caravans on the market on 2 wheels. I have never had a problem with towing, it goes like a dream with no effort. Never feel the van is pushing when breaking or downhill etc either. When we're in Spain and less traffic, I put it on Cruise control at 60mph on the motorway and let it go-I can even return 31mpg when towing.
I always load the weight in the car-ie Awning, spare Freezer & my booze coming back but the rest goes in the van-all the sunloungers etc & 2 gas bottles-never have a problem as long as it's loaded properly.
I wouldn't hesitate for a moment towing a twin axle at 1650KG with a Sorento.
Hope this helps
Mike

Reactions: Bluerocket
Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I Have a 2019 Sorento KX3 automatic tow a twin axle with an 1800 mtplm. Tows great very stable. Had a 2016 KX2 before this one and took the van to the south of France 3 times with no issues.
Thanks Scorpy that gives me confidence in going for a twin axle van

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi Blue Rocket.
I have a Kia Sorento KX-3 auto and pull a Coachman Pastiche with it which is one of the heaviest caravans on the market on 2 wheels. I have never had a problem with towing, it goes like a dream with no effort. Never feel the van is pushing when breaking or downhill etc either. When we're in Spain and less traffic, I put it on Cruise control at 60mph on the motorway and let it go-I can even return 31mpg when towing.
I always load the weight in the car-ie Awning, spare Freezer & my booze coming back but the rest goes in the van-all the sunloungers etc & 2 gas bottles-never have a problem as long as it's loaded properly.
Hope this helps
Mike
Thanks Mike just gives me more confidence that other people have done this with no problems 😊

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi Blue Rocket.
Hope this helps
Mike
Thanks Mike for your help and advice 👍

Reactions: Scorpy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts