Kitchen Sink Waste Outlet

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Our kitchen sink waste outlet is fitted just outside our door, so when we connect the grey waste pipe into waste hog,

It has to sit right by or under our door, but a bit smelly, especially when we plan to put our awning up, any suggestions can I unscrew the outlet and maybe somehow extend the greywaste pipe to the back of the van, any suggestions to solve this would be appreciated. Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I shouldn't think there would be any problem in redirecting the waste to the other side of the van or to the rear as you suggest. It will be a fiddley job lying on your back to reroute it and as long as there is a fall for the water to run and not stand in the pipe go ahead. My mind is now working overtime with you in a pair of dungerees lying on your back under the van with various tools at your side ready to do the work - mop and bucket have no comparison. Is this a first for you to post under technical?

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hello Colin so we meet under Technical, do you come here often, I sometimes do, but sometime ago.

Yes my dress attire would have to be slightly different whilst under the caravan.

I was wondering about the fall for the water to run ok, looks pretty straight though, the bathroom outlets are ok, because they are on the other side of the van.

I will have to do something I will not be able to stand the smell of the water hog in the awning???

Liz

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Liz,

I changed the position of a waste outlet on a previous caravan. Instead of using flexible pipeing i used a lengh of grey waste rigid pipeing from one side of the caravan to the other side, with a gentle fall. It is easy to do and with rigid pipe you get a much better drain and far less smell due to the fact that waste does not have the ridges to gather in.

Good luck with it.

Hamer

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Hamer, thankyou for your help and advice, I will give it ago, thanks also for the tip on rigid pipe to use, I will measure and get some.

Regards Liz

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
I'm puzzled about the type of flexible pipe being used for the waste.

Mine is flexible, but just straight pipe. Why should it have ridges on it?

I always understood the ridged type was for use in pumped systems where the pump sucked (eg bilge pumps on boats) so that the pipe didn't collapse under the force of the suction.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi OldFogey,

A good question, I don't know why for certain caravan manufactures us the ridged pipe, the only reason can think of is that it resists kinking when its bent.

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Oldfogey,

Flexible ridged waste pipe has been used by manufactures for a number of years. The reason they have used it is due to it's flexibility, not only underneath the caravan but inside as well.It is the same type of waste pipe as that supplied with new caravans to connect from the caravan to the Wastemaster. The downside of this pipeing is that where the pipe sags, either through not enough supporting brackets or as is usual the manufacturer has used it's flexibility to take it say underneath an electric cable, waste water cannot fully drain.The ridges inside the pipe cannot be properly cleaned.Also where the pipe goes through the caravan floor it can be turned through 90 degress. But even here there is usually a slight sag in the pipeing.

It is more expensive for manufacturers to install ridged waste pipes and more planning is required as they obviously require uninterupted runs.

My new Swift Conqueror has fully ridged waste pipes and drains far more quickly than any other caravan I have owned. Also the pipeing is smooth on the inside, so holds no waste.

On 3 of my previous caravans i have changed the flexible for ridged pipeing to improve the drain.

Hamer

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts