Aug 13, 2006
Visit site
We have been to this site twice the last being 2 years ago. We went on both occassions in July and had a great time. The kids loved the indoor and outdoor pools and the swing park. We met friends there who returned to the park Aug last year and they commented that they site was very busy in Aug and found it quite cramped. They also stated that the queues for the showers in the morning were a bit off putting but would return again in future years.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I couldnt comment but work collegue went two weeks ago and hated it that much he left two days early,his reasons he told me were that they crammed as many people on as possible,and the toilets and showers were filthy! his comments not mine!

See my comments about woodlands in South Devon, you wont find any faults there! we got back last week and its a beautiful site!

Tina x

Aug 28, 2006
Visit site
WORST 2 WEEKS EVER. DROVE FOR 10 HOURS TO GET TO THE PARK ONLY FOR RECEPTIONIST TO TELL US TO DRIVE AROUND AND FIND A SPOT - ASKED WHICH AREARS HAS ELECTRIC HOOK UPS, BUT WAS TOLD TO FIND THEM OURSELVES. DROVE AROUND AND AROUND THE PARK FOR ANOTHER HOUR WITH 3 KIDS UNDER 10 YEARS SCREAMING IN THE BACK TRYING TO FIND A SUITABLE SPACE. ASKED RECEPTION WHERE NEAREST SUPERMARKET WAS - RECEPTIONIST SUGGESTED NEAREST MORRISONS, TESCO OR ASDA WAS IN BRISTOL - ONLY A MERE 2 HOUR JOURNEY FROM THE PARK! ON TRAVELLING TO PAIGNTON ZOO, FOUND MORRISONS NEXT DOOR - THIS TRIP WAS AROUND 20 MINUTES FROM PARK - MIND THE CARAVAN PARK APPEARS TO HIRE ONLY FOREIGNORS WHO COULD ONLY SAY "CANNOT UNDERSTAND - DON'T SPEAK MUCH ENGLISH". ARROGANT STAFF - THROW YOUR FOOD AT YOU IN THE RESTAURANT AND THE CHIP SHOP PRICES ARE EXTORTIONATE. LIFE GUARDS JUST SIT AT THE SIDE OF THE POOL AMONGS THE TOURISTS AND ARE NOT ON RAISED SEATS TO ENSURE MAXIMUM SECURITY, THAT'S WHEN THEY AREN'T CHATTING TO OTHER MEMBERS OF STAFF, AND DON'T APPEAR TO UNDERSTAND THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. SHOWERS WERE CLEAN, BUT TRY USING THEM IN THE PORTACABINS - WATER FREEZING MOST OF THE DAY AND THE QUEUES ARE HORRENDOUS. NOT MUCH SECURITY - ANY ONE CAN WANDER IN OFF THE STREETS AND MAKE USE OF FACILITIES AS THERE ARE NO PASSES IN USE - NOT MUCH FUN WHEN ON HOLIDAY WITH YOUNG CHILDREN. SAVING GRACE WAS 1ST WEEK WAS CARNIVAL WEEK - SPENT MOST OF THE FORNIGHT OFF SITE DURING THE DAY AS KIDS SOON GET BORED WITH POOLS AND SLIDES AND NOT MANY OTHER FACILITIES FOR YOUNGER CHILDREN.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Well Tracey no one could accuse you of not telling it the way it was, good on you,but did you write to the owners??? with the comments you have wrote here ??

Val & Frank

Aug 28, 2006
Visit site
GOING TO WRITE THIS WEEK, ONLY GOT BACK HOME FRIDAY NIGHT AND HAD BUSY WEEKEND CATCHING UP. BUT DON'T RECKON ON MUCH JOY AS THE OWNER DID NOT SEEM A VERY PLEASANT CHAP - THREW 5 LOTS OF WELSH CAMPERS OFF THE SITE, BUT NOT BEFORE ENSURING THEY KNEW HOW MANY SWEAR WORDS HE COULD USE IN ONE SENTENCE, AND IN FRONT OF VERY YOUNG CHILDREN. WILL KEEP INFORMED OF ANY FEEDBACK FROM CAMPSITE.

HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED SOME OF THE SAME AT THIS SITE?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts