lake holiday

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I'm looking for a holiday around a lake, I have been looking at Spain but for a first trip with the van feel that maybe France maybe more suited.I was thinking that I may catch the ferry early in the morning to Calis and do around 5 hrs driving an overnight stop then about 3-4 hrs to the site. I have had a look at Charain at Doucier, but there is a lengh resriction of 7m.We would like a site with a lake , swimming pools,boating ect.any idea's

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi last year stopped at lac de liez near langres france approx 7 hour drive beautiful site get the right pitch its tiered overlooking large lake/resevoir indoor / outdoor pool, restaurant /takeaway clean toilet facilities safe beach area on lake swimming etc boat hire wind surf fishing allowed opposite side of lake go to nearest tackle shop sell holiday passes entitle you to fish 4 lakes in area plus canals hope this helps

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi John, noticed from your other post that you're spending 10 days in Normandy from 22/08 - have you heard about Camping Cheques (see their website http://www.campingcheque.co.uk/en/)? They're excellent value for out of peak season touring - and loads of sites offer pitches in the latter part of August for just

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John, noticed from your other post that you're spending 10 days in Normandy from 22/08 - have you heard about Camping Cheques (see their website http://www.campingcheque.co.uk/en/)? They're excellent value for out of peak season touring - and loads of sites offer pitches in the latter part of August for just

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Moth,

We too are considering a lakeside place for next year. So far we have looked at Lac Annecy - felt that might be a bit busy - so are now looking at Lac d'Aiguebelette nearby. Rather like comparing Grasmere with Windermere. Google will lead you to various local tourist offices which have been very prompt to reply.

Mike E

May 10, 2007
Visit site
Domaine de La Rive at Biscarosse is a great site and the lake is a favourite for sailing as it is quite shallow if you have a family wanting to try wind surfing or dinghy sailing.

It's far enough south for good weather and though it is about 570 miles from Calais it is an easy drive and may be worth around 10 driving hours to you.

http://www.larive.fr/en/index_en.htm
Ria

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Les Terrasses du Lac. www.naussac.com also a camping cheque site, Everything that Valerie says about them is correct, good value for money and for me the fact that you do not need to book is just what I like.

The above site lists loads of walks and cycle routes and the pitches are 100 squ mtrs. but the pool is only available until 15/9.

We plan a week there in Sept but not sure when.

ttfn

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi last year stopped at lac de liez near langres france approx 7 hour drive beautiful site get the right pitch its tiered overlooking large lake/resevoir indoor / outdoor pool, restaurant /takeaway clean toilet facilities safe beach area on lake swimming etc boat hire wind surf fishing allowed opposite side of lake go to nearest tackle shop sell holiday passes entitle you to fish 4 lakes in area plus canals hope this helps
Yes a very nice looking site, but we were fishing about 1/2 hr from there last year, so really want a area we have not been to.Inland is perfect.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Domaine de La Rive at Biscarosse is a great site and the lake is a favourite for sailing as it is quite shallow if you have a family wanting to try wind surfing or dinghy sailing.

It's far enough south for good weather and though it is about 570 miles from Calais it is an easy drive and may be worth around 10 driving hours to you.

http://www.larive.fr/en/index_en.htm
Ria
this is also a perfect looking site but in the wrong area,we stayed a la parmere a few years ago and was very nice but would like to try a area we have not been to. thanks anyway

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
these are some of the areas the better half is looking for ,Auvergne(Allier,Cantal,Haute-loire, Puy-de-dome)

Bourgogne(saone-et-loire)

Franche-Comte(Jura)

Languedoc-Roussillon(Lozere)

Limousin(Correze,Creuse,Haute-Vienne)

Midi-Pyrenees(Aveyron,Lot)

Rhone-Alpes(Ain,Ardeche,Drome,Loire,Rhone)

Been looking at site's at up to 44 euro's a night,I quite fancey having a go at windsurfing on a lakeand doing a bit if carp fishing on site.

as a family we love the flumes and multi slides around the pools.

Many thanks to all that reply its very helpfull.

TRENDING THREADS