Lancashire to Pembrokeshire

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I've recently changed my tow car to a Mitsubishi outlander phev from a diesel outlander. I've had a successful trial run to Anglesey where i found the car performed much better whilst towing in cruise control with the car in charge mode. This ensured i always have battery power for any hills. Next week I'm traveling from Lancashire to Pembrokeshire. I'm not sure which route to take. The safest but longest route is M6,M5,M50 then A40 and back onto M4 near Newport. But does anyone have any experience in A49 to leominster, A4112,and A470 to Breacon then A40 through Llandovery and onto Carmarthen. Even better if someone has done this route towing a 1500kg van with a 2.4 PHEV. Thanks in advance

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I would take the M6/M5/M50 route and rather than going to Newport branch off at Raglan to Abergavenney. At the large island just outside Abergavenney take the heads of the Valleys to Merthyr. This road has been much improved over recent years. Then at Merthyr continue to Neath/Swansea to join M4. Then head west to Carmarthen.

Reactions: DaveA1
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I would take the M6/M5/M50 route and rather than going to Newport branch off at Raglan to Abergavenney. At the large island just outside Abergavenney take the heads of the Valleys to Merthyr. This road has been much improved over recent years. Then at Merthyr continue to Neath/Swansea to join M4. Then head west to Carmarthen.
Ok thanks for that I'll Gove that a go

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts