Large Car On Motorhome Pitch

Jun 27, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

I’m new so will be popping up with a few newbie questions. Here’s the first if anyone can help me.

We are thinking of buying a large 7.5m ish motorhome and storing it in Cornwall, the idea being we would drive down, pick the motorhome up an my wife would drive the car and I’d drive the motorhome to our chosen site (there’s a few we use in Cornwall). Are you able to have a mondeo sized car on your motorhome pitch along with the MH and an awning? Would any sites have an issue with this?

I’m going down the motorhome route as I don’t want to tow a caravan.

Thanks

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I’m new so will be popping up with a few newbie questions. Here’s the first if anyone can help me.

We are thinking of buying a large 7.5m ish motorhome and storing it in Cornwall, the idea being we would drive down, pick the motorhome up an my wife would drive the car and I’d drive the motorhome to our chosen site (there’s a few we use in Cornwall). Are you able to have a mondeo sized car on your motorhome pitch along with the MH and an awning? Would any sites have an issue with this?

Thanks

Very much depends on the site but there’s may be a separate area to park the car.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I agree, some sites may well object, suggest you enquire when you book, but as otherclive says, many sites have a separate car park where you can keep the car.
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Joey, I have seen cars alongside Motor homes , even with a canopy, but as the others say, it depends on the site.
If you scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the Motorhomes forum and re ask the question you might get a better reply.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Joey, I have seen cars alongside Motor homes , even with a canopy, but as the others say, it depends on the site.
If you scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the Motorhomes forum and re ask the question you might get a better reply.
Screenshot_2020-06-27-20-20-16.png

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all,

Thanks
Each site will have its own rules, so it simply needs you to check with the sites you are interested in.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
As said different sites have different rules. If we had a motorhome we certainly would not want to confine ourselves to Cornwell taking into consideration the price we would pay for a motorhome. :D

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
As said different sites have different rules. If we had a motorhome we certainly would not want to confine ourselves to Cornwell taking into consideration the price we would pay for a motorhome. :D
Hi Ian i think you made a Spelling Mistake what is Cornwell should it be Cornwall:LOL:

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Thanks
Hi JoeyJJ, I have a friend he use tow a Car & Caravan he brought a Brand new Motorhome roughly 4 months a go a Swift Bessacar 596. 8.11 he also has awning that comes out on the side (He got a small car that fits on the same pitch + 2 bikes ) Be careful some sites have different rules (you might get charge for two pitches) because you have a big car . :)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi Ian i think you made a Spelling Mistake what is Cornwell should it be Cornwall:LOL:

This proverb dates from the time of Chaucer, who used a version of it in Troilus and Criseyde (ca. 1374). George Herbert wrote: “Whose house is of glass, From cast of stones must not throw stones at another”

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Parksy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts