Lazy Rancho

Oct 30, 2006
Visit site
Hi , were off soon for our first venture abroad with our caravan, we are going to stay at Lazy Rancho in Interlaken Switzerland,via La Forge St Marie in France, any advice on the place , ie local shops, things to do and see , things to be aware of would be really appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Sep 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi,we stayed at Manor Farm last year,just down the road.It`s a lovely area,particularly the Grindelwalt area about 30 mins drive away.There is also an excellent luge run about 10mins above there that is reasonably priced and quite an experience! Interlaken is quite expensive for food,and with youngish kids we found that the CO-OP restaurants were great (as recommended in lonely planet).One is on your left 200metres before you get to the West railway station,the other is next to the East railway station.You will love it i`m sure!

Dave

Jan 5, 2008
Visit site
Lazy Rancho is a superb site - quiet,extremely clean and well organised. The local guest card given on arrival provides free free rail/bus transport within Interlaken, and reductions on some other private transport. Although the site is only 20mins from town it's now so much easier to jump on the bus (5 mins away),particularly if going to Interlaken Ost railway station, which is necessary if travelling to Grindelwald/Jungfrau area. Be aware of hoards of oriental tourists, particularly at the station, ( I believe the Jungfrau is twinned with Mt Fuji in Japan)and that they have no concept of queueing.I've been four times now, going again in September, and just park the car for the duration of our stay. It may be wise to stock up on some food/drink in France en route, although I didn't find Switzerland as expensive as all the horror stories suggest. I've just returned from Norway (not with van) where a white wine and .6 litre of beer cost equal to

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts