Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,

has anybody stayed at Hurley Riverside Park in Berkshire not far from Henley on Thames. We are looking at going to this area for the may half term week as our 4 year old wants to visit legoland. Looks like a nice area and site, any views would be welcomed. Would it be good for family cycle rides? We also thought about the caravan club site down the road at Henley which apears to be fully booked. Also what about Wellington Country park, looks like there is a site there which isnt to far for a trip to Windsor.

Cheers fo now

Darren

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Darren, if you have only checked online try the C.C. HQ

In the past people have posted on this forum that the site shows full online when infact they do have places. Apart from cancellations they keep some pitches spare but I forget the reason why.

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
I think you will find that some pitches are kept vacant for emergency use. eg vehicle breakdowns when some one is unable to leave the site at agreed time or, as in my case family emergencies. A few years ago we went to stay at Tredegar Park CC site when my mother became critically ill in hospital. The wardens were fantastic and allowed us to keep booking a few extra days at a time because we knew my mother was dying, but did not know how long she would last. Although it was coming up to a very busy Bank Holiday period when the site was fully booked they assured us we would be able to stay as long as we needed.

Alun

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi darren, i went last year with my small 5 year old and my 13 year old. i hated it all the rides are far apart and theres not much for your little one to go on. its really expensive and i dont think its worth it at all. its quiet hilly so be preparred for lots of walking to rides and queing up.

you would be better off going to drayton manor park, its a theme park, a zoo and they do have a caravan site within the site aswell.

there has been other posts in the past about this ill try and have a look and post them up.

jo

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
hi darren, i went last year with my small 5 year old and my 13 year old. i hated it all the rides are far apart and theres not much for your little one to go on. its really expensive and i dont think its worth it at all. its quiet hilly so be preparred for lots of walking to rides and queing up.

you would be better off going to drayton manor park, its a theme park, a zoo and they do have a caravan site within the site aswell.

there has been other posts in the past about this ill try and have a look and post them up.

jo
Cheers for that jo-anne. that would be appreciated.

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
like jo-anne i didnt think much of legoland - very grubby and littered. I'd keep my money for something better - also the shop was very expensive too.

Yvonne

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts