Les Brunelles - Longeville Sur Mer

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Everyone

Thank you to everyone who replied to my post about Sequoia Parc.

We have been put off this site by the various reviews about how bad the mosquitos are. It is a shame as we really liked the site.

I would appreciate any reviews on the site Les Brunelles, and the area of Longeville Sur Mer please.

We got back from the Caravan Show at the NEC yesterday, with lots of brochures and so far we still cannot find anything that we like as much as Sequoia Parc. We are looking at the southern vendee region (Longeville, La Tranche Sur Mer)

Any advice as always would be muchly appreciated ;-)

Thank you

Sam

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I went to Les Brunelles about 8 years ago, I was very disappointed. We arrived at lunch time and reception was closed. There was a note on the door saying to find a pitch, set up then go to reception at 2 pm. We found a pitch set the Van up but not the awning, then went to Reception to book in. They told us we would have to move as we were allocated a different one. I found the right one moved the Van, with no help from staff even though the pitch we were on was on a slope. Eventually we got settled and in the end enjoyed our stay, thanks to the bar staff. The beach is only 700m away but it is through thick forest, you can walk round the road which is a bit further. I can't say that it was worth the walk as the beach was rubbish. When we left reception said that we had to pay a 20 euro booking fee. I said that I was using the Gold Card (Camping Cheque)and it meant free pre-booking. She pointed out some obscure part in the CC book about it being up to the site. I still refused to pay and told them that they didn't go by CC rules, as I didn't get my complimentary bottle of wine on arrival or even when I was leaving. In the end they agreed to drop the 20 euro fee but still didn't give me my wine.

After saying all of this I have read on another forum that things have greatly improved and it is a lovely site.

Les

Nov 15, 2005
Visit site
Sam,

We have been to Les Brunelles for the past two years always the last week in June 1st week in July using Camping Cheques. If you can do this then it works out at about

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
we have booked to go with Camping Cheques end of June went last year and enjoyed it lots .There is another posting on Page 3 I beleive with some comments ,didnt think much of the beach personally but the site and area are both great.

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
we have booked to go with Camping Cheques end of June went last year and enjoyed it lots .There is another posting on Page 3 I beleive with some comments ,didnt think much of the beach personally but the site and area are both great.
Thanks Dave

I was going to make a comment about "having a blonde moment" until I realised that you mentioned page 3 ... ha ha

That was me, I didn't realise I had already posted .... sorry!!!

Thank you for all your help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts