Les Medes L'Estartit

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Della,

We stayed at Les Medes for two weeks in 2006. We were there late June /early July.

We found the site and all its facilities kept spotlessly clean at all times during our stay. The outside pool is very attractive, sited in a garden area. Pool seemed to be supervised at all times we were there, I seem to remember there was also an indoor pool but as the weather was very good I was never in it (it might only be opened in early & late season)

The bar and restaurant was reasonably priced, the restaurant had daily specials that were very cheap and also very tasty. Again both restaurant and bar kept spotless.

There is a courtyard outside the bar where some evening entertainment was held. As it is a fairly small site this could be heard all over the site but it stopped promptly at 11.30 and all was quiet within 15 minutes.

There were two unisex toilet and shower blocks also kept very clean.

The site is situated just outside L'Estartit. A 10 to 15 minute walk down the fairly quiet road takes you to the nearest beach. The beach seems to slope very gently, ideal for younger kids playing in the water. It is approx 30 minutes walk into L'Estartit but there is also the "land train" ( small tractor & carriages) which regularly runs from the road end along from the site to and from the town, at that time it was less than 2 euros a return journey.

The pitches all seemed to have electric with their own water and waste points. Downside was the pitches were quiet small and close together. They are arranged in long rows of twos withsome of the roads leading up the rows being dead ends. The most convenient way to pitch so that the awning fitted was to park parallel to the road. Everyone pitched that way. Being a U.K. van meant we were the odd one out in our row when I turned the van onto the pitch. My tow hitch was face to face with the tow hitch of my neighbour. The pitches were so tight that when I walked between the two vans I had to turn sideways to get between the two hitches. At the back of the van it was no different. Most of the pitches had small trees at the corners adjoining the next pitch, these made manouvering onto the pitch a little difficult for larger units. For most of our stay there we had no one on the pitch side on to us, but from the beginning of July the site became a lot busier and we had neighbours front rear and sideways. The caravan beside us was so close if I had wanted to I could have opened one of our windows, leaned over and knocked open my neighbour's window. This was the only downside to this site, when it became busier it was very claustrophobic.

Entry and exit was controlled by barriers. Arrivals are supposed to stop outside the site, walk in, register then proceed to their pitch. There is a sign outside the site advising this but it's a small sign and many (including me!) don't spot and enter the site - parking before the barriers is very limited.

Would I go back? Yes but only in low season, much too claustrophobic and tightly packed at other times for my liking.

I'll try and see if I've got some photos and post them, although I've got a feeling that was the summer someone mistakenly deelted all the photos before they were copied to the pc!

Anything specific please ask.

Robert

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
We spent a week there in September 2004. I believe there have been improvments to the site roads since then but apart from that our impression was much as Roberts. He might be interested to know that it is just as cramped in September.

We found it to be well placed for the town and beach but pricey and cramped and to get any sort of low season discount you have to pay in advance. I would go somewhere else, have a look at Vilanova Part for instance.

Dave

Apr 22, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Robert and Dave for your replies will proberly give this site a miss as we have a twin axle caravan, we thought we would try a smaller site this year after going to Las Dunas last year.

DJM

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Della,

We stayed there three years ago and found it very cramped with very little space between vans and a distinct lack of privacy. With a twin axle you would really struggle for space and I think you would be much better off staying at El Delfin Verde where you have much bigger pitches and is straight on the beach.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts