LEZ (London Low Emission Zone) Motorhomes over 3.5t (Including Mercedes Hymer Starline)

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi: My motorhome (Hymer Starline) was registered before Oct 2001, but I researched and realised the Mercedes 2.7CDi engine was built to be Euro3 compliant! I then discussed this with VOSA and TFL and they said they were expecting a list from manufacturers before 2012 to ascertain these circumstances. I explained that my motorhome was over 3.5t (so needs compliance now) and that I therefore cannot wait until 2012 - and why didn't they request this manufacturers information before now - considering that there are a lot of motorhomes over 3.5t i.e. a gross weight of over 3.5t (actual unladen weight is under 3.5t).

The answer was that I had to write to Mercedes and get a letter from them for my specific vehicle (Registration number and engine number) to be compliant. I asked just for a second if they could empathise that I and lots of others in these circumstances may feel peeved at having to write lots of letters to Mercedes, where it may have made sense for TFL to get the list request to the manufacturers before now! It is after all their rules, and their scheme. Do they really think that Mercedes would wait until the actual date of the Euro3 legislation/requirement (1 Oct 2001) to start manufacturing compliant engines?

Mercedes were very helpful and they sent a compliance (Euro3) letter very quickly, and this in turn was sent to TFL with their form (for compliance) and I did receive a compliance note from them!

Well done to Mercedes, thanks for nothing for TFL!

Richie

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
There are definitely quite a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That may be a nice level to carry up. I supply the ideas above as normal inspiration however clearly there are questions like the one you carry up where a very powerful factor will probably be working in trustworthy good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged round issues like that, but I am certain that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the influence of just a second’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.
Hydrocodone apap 10 500 erythrogenic

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts