Light or dark wood interior

Oct 2, 2005
Visit site
We were thinking of changing our van for a fixed bed model. We have a light wood interior at the moment which gives an airy feeling to the van but were disappointed to learn that Swift are not longer doing it but changing it for a darker wood instead. Having had a Bailey van previously we looked at them again but the depressing dark wood in the Pageant put us off. The Senator range is a more acceptable golden colour but overall we find Swift give far better value for money than Bailey, but if Swift are going for a depressing darker wood then I think we will look elsewhere.

Sep 5, 2006
Visit site
Its a matter of personal choice. I've been looking to change my 10 year old swift which has a pine coloured interior. When i first looked at the pageant with the dark wood i was a little shocked. We sat in it for a good 10 mins then went to look at the senator which I thought was horrifically yellow & over bright. I ended up ordering a pageant as the more times i went to look at it the better the interior felt. It seemed to grow on me.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
We got both, the woodwork is very light in colour and the work tops are a dark wood colour. Its a 2009 Sterling eccles. very pleasing on the eye

Kevin

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
It's light wood for us. SWMBO and I looked at LITERALLY scores of 'vans before we ordered ours and the overiding choice was light wood and light interior.

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I suppose its down to personal taste - we looked at changing our Bailey Pageant recently and were hoping to go for another Pageant but I have to admit that the darker woodwork of the Series 7 really put us off especially thinking what it would be like at night - shame because the Series 7 are a great van - we looked at the new Ranger GT60 but ended up buying a Series 6 Senator and defintely have no regrets because we got a great deal in comparison maybe because I suspect a new Senator range cannot be that far away

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
Definitely down to personal taste. We've a 2008 Pageant Burgundy, which we really like a lot.

Looking round lately though we decided if we do swap in sometime it'll be a G60 or a Senator. A lot of new vans seem a bit gloomy inside.

Wondered it it's affecting the new Pageants sales actually as we haven't really seen that many on sites .

Tomo

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
light wood every time as it creates a sense of space and airiness. I didn't by a swife this year after them changing to dark wood.

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Just to be awkward (my wife says its what I do best) - Dark !

If the van is big enough I feel that the darker wood provides a 'quality feel'

Our new Lunar has 'darkish' wood and I love it.

However everyone to their own - I freely admit the light wood makes the inside seem bigger.

Jon

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Not a simple question as the quality of the wood and the size of the van are considerations as Jon said.

In my opinion of the current Bailey finishes....

1 Pageant S7

2 Senator S6 (while it is undoubtedly a more expensive finish, IMO it looks more old fashioned than the Pageant S7)

3 Ranger S6 / GT60

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
We bought our new 2007 Abbey Vogue 495 purely because it was the van with the lighest wood of all those we looked at.

There were some vans that might have had a few extra bells and whilstes, but they were all cherry wood or some other such dark wood. It makes the van look a whole lot bigger.

It has a fixed bed too. hmmmmmm. VERY comfortable. Sleep like a log. I digress. Sorry.

JohnH

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
We wanted to get a new swift and also noticed the awful dark wood interior, not only dark but all over the place. Not buying one now until the light wood comes back in.

Do you think we ought to tell we don't want to sit inside a dark van?

Oct 2, 2005
Visit site
Our thoughts exactly!!! Don't really know why they had to change it when it was so popular. There's enough doom and gloom about without sitting amongst it. Like you, we have decided to stick with the one we have until the light wood comes back.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Zafiral , An interesting conclusion.

Our S6 Senator is the same colour light wod as our earlier S5 Pageant. As John says teh light wood gioves a feeling of space.

We have looked at the Pageant S7 and don't dislike it. It isn't that dark. Our Senator is similar to Truckers, light wood and black worktop.

I guess even the best makers still have to learn lessons the hard way. Look at the Pageant S6 Vendee, built back to front. That didn't last long.

I'm going to reinvent the wheel.

Cheers

Dustydog

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
We had the choice last May of the end of range S6 Pageant Bordeaux or the incoming Pageant S7.

Hated the dark wood of the S7 and went for the S6 light wood and "proper TV cupboard" not just a flat board for fixing tv onto.

End of range has meant that we have had only one very small problem (door catch shaft sticking - now fixed) so all the build quality issues had all been sorted with earlier builds.

Paid additional for the ATC & Shocks plus PaintSeal and it was well worth it IMO.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a series 5 Bailey pageant Provence, love the interior colour, and the offside front lounge, The series 7 Pageants the dark interior is yucks , How can anybody relax inside one of those is beyond me.

Royston

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts