Link up update

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Hi to Shiba, J & P, Scotch Lad, Wendy, Ian, Maverick, Lol and Lolly who have all responded to my original message along with some other couples through another magazine. The great thing about this forum is that you can all contact each other without us - we have just set the ball rolling ! However, Ian, my husband (Welsh) and I (Scottish) have discussed how to go ahead as there will INEVITABLY be people who simply don't gel with others. We have tried to think of somewhere reasonably central and pleasantso, at the risk of being boring, and expensive, we are suggesting Losehill CC Site at Casteton on Friday, Saturday and Sunday 6/7/8th October - we havce checked and there are vacancies there. Obviously it would be perfectly OK for anyone to go to a CL and just pop over to see us but we felt we needed somewhere 'big' to get started. Can I emphasise again that we are not interested in organising rallies and we found that normally 3-5 couples tended to agree a weekend. Thereafter, November and Christmas can be looked at if anyone is interested - no cliques, just a very fluid social network, no hard feelings whatever ????? Probably contact through emailing ? Please contact me williamsvmg@aol.com to let me know views but do feel free to contact each other especially if you feel a kindred spirit is already out there - I promise I won't throw a wobbly !!!

Val and Ian

May 16, 2006
Visit site
This looks ideal for us, Val. Have you booked yet or are you waiting for confirmation from those already named?
We have booked Losehill Castleton 7/8th October and we have interest elsewhere as well as Eileen so it is beginning to gel - Abbey Aventura and Landrover with Welsh and Scottish badges on!!!! That narrows it down ! Val

May 16, 2006
Visit site
Hi, we've booked for the nights 6-8 October at Losehill and look forward to meeting you all then. Lee and Mike.
We have booked Losehill Castleton 7/8th October and we have interest elsewhere as well as Eileen so it is beginning to gel - Abbey Aventura and Landrover with Welsh and Scottish badges on!!!! That narrows it down ! Val

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This looks ideal for us, Val. Have you booked yet or are you waiting for confirmation from those already named?
We booked the same dates Val, so there's at lrast three van going.

From little acorns......

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We booked the same dates Val, so there's at lrast three van going.

From little acorns......
Yes and No Val. A bunch of us went greenlaning on the Forum users meet, last Easter. We had a great time although I cried a little when the thorns started to eat the Sorentos paintwork. I could recommend it unreservedly but unfortunatly this is the only time we have been to such an event. CliveV and Sparkes set up the day, they are regular greenlaners, but if you want I could possibly make some enquiries (plea for help) if you so wish?

G

My sincere apologies. I only read this for the first time tonight after arriving home after a trip from Staffordshire. The 6th is next weekend and I haven't even looked to see where Casteton is yet. May we be excused on this one and try for the next?

G

Where is this place? The CC web page refuses to acknowledge either Losehill, or Castleton.

G

Thanks for the info Lol, I entered both the name and the place into the CC search and no results. I know I could have dug out the Book, but it was in the car in the garage, and I was lazy.

I still think I may have to make excuses. I have just driven up from the Peak District on Friday and have to go back to Leeds on the 14th to help No:1 daughter move into her new house. I am sorry but a 3rd trip in as many weeks is not appealing. If this one works for everyone, and you plan another in Springtime then I will do my best to join in.

May 16, 2006
Visit site
This is getting quite close, can we have a show of hands?
Sorry for delay in reply - I freelance and had to wait in case work was offeredfor Friday - it was, yesterday, a good day's work but it means I shall be in Walsall at 5pm on Friday making my slow way back to Burton. A night in will be all we are fit for ! Looking forward to a good weekend, arriving early Saturday morning. Sorry to miss you Scotch Lad - you sound like Ian and me - family in Wales, family in Scotland, family in Durham..... we are forever driving hence our enjoyment of caravanning to escape !!! Val

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts