Little street - big mistake

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I feel for them.

It’s all about route planning. Once we planned as much as possible but this was pre Google. We were in Brittany, our route took us through the village of Penestin. But we missed two things. There was now a bypass. And a very small notice, in French obviously, but not readable from a car. Saying not to go that way on market day. Well, it was market day!

Luckily they were packing up when two caravans tried to squeeze through. The locals were very friendly and understanding.

John

Reactions: otherclive
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Isn't it amazing how only the British manage to get stuck or so the DM and other papers like to make out.

I'm sorry for the driver of the MH, but really the way the papers jump on these stories of mishap and blow them up out of all proportion really annoys me.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It is possibly a sat nav showing the shortest route. They are very useful but can be a problem if they send you on an unsuitable route. I suspect most of us have had to navigate a difficult route we should have voided at some time, but that one looks about as bad as it gets.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts