Longest tour?

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
We did 16 days, visiting Paris for Disney, an overnight near Dover, then Brighton, then a site near London for a day in the Capital.
That's the longest so far but next year we are planning something along those lines, hopefully a few days more, touring the Scottish Highlands.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Just over 6000 miles covering Belgium, Germany, Austria, northern Italy Switzerland and finally France

Six weeks in all and loved every mile of it..

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The furthest we have been on a tour is Northern Spain and Biaritz. Given we set off from Glasgow that was 1,000 miles to Plymouth and back before we got the ferry and any mileage on the continent.
Our tours are not always logical as the last trip abroad was Southampton to St Malo with a week in Brittany and then to Paris for a week there and back via Dover. That ran out at something over 2,000 miles including some visiting in England.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Around the year 2000 was our busiest caravanning period. In that year we did northern Spain in May followed in late August with a tour through Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland and Italy stopping at Rome and Pompeii, then back to Florence and Venice before retracing our steps back to Calais.
Now that I'm on my own in November I take the ferry to northern Spain then take up to two weeks to drive to the Costa del Sol, staying there for another three and a half months. I like to find a different route each year.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Fourteen weeks, taking in France, Holland Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, then back through Denmark and Germany and on to Czech republic and return via Germany and France, etc.
Fantastic tour, in our then 22 year old Range Rover and 36 year old Royale caravan. The whole outfit cost less than £5,000 and we'd had it for 16 years then, and I never opened my tool box!
I can't remember the total cost; I know we'd budgeted £7,000, but came back with enough to have a second trip to France that same year.
Our norm for Europe is around 9/10 weeks.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
LizziePope said:
If there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that the holidays end too quickly! What's the longest tour you've taken?

Lizzie there should be two post for this subject...............Longest Tour for Retiree's AND Longest Tours for Workers.

Guess which one I would be in with my 9 days last year :( :lol:
And my 9 days in Sept this year :p

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi ,
we managed to do about three weeks last year in France 2&1/2 weeks at the Dordogne and then we traveled back over to Paris for 4 days on 4 vents caravan site , we clocked about 3000 miles in that time, that's the "still working, not yet retired" class and also in the 6 weeks school holidays !!
It's going to be the six week school holidays for our annual holiday for a number of years to come to whilst the kids are still attendin !
Happy touring ,
Craig

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Apart from just a great life, last year, a six week break in France. 3 weeks in Vernenton, near Chablis , playing boules, then An enourmous trip to south of France and back north, for the last week in Montreuil sur mer. 3000, miles, in 6 weeks but 2500 in 3 weeks , too much moving around. But all done for the sake of my lovely sister in laws 70 TH Birthday. We found some great sites.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
yeah it's the moving while on tour that take the time. the longest was a trip around Scotland in 2001 while in between jobs 8 weeks starting in the lake district. ending at Scarborough. boy what a trek.
always meant to do the south coast. from Skegness. to Bristol. but never found the time.
not been abroad touring. there's over 93.500 sq miles in the UK and I've not seen all that yet.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Colin, thats some of the miles I want to do this year and next. Nothumbria, maybe before Xmas. We tour all year round.
How many others do.
Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts