looking for a 6 berth tourer- advice

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
We are looking for a 6 berth caravan, for our family, 4 kids, 19, 17, 14,12 years of age. We had a 5 berth tourer when they were all little, we had great holidays. looking to get back in to touring. is there a tourer suitable for our large family?

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i personally would buy the van for the two of you now. I would buy a 4 berth fixed bed with either a side bathroom or an end bathroom. I would buy a full awning with two full annexs and let them sleep in the annexs they will love it.

jo

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Your offspring are probably too big for fixed bunk layouts and perhaps the big two will not want to come with you for much longer. How about looking for a fixed bed with a long enough front lounge for two singles. Then either a sleeping compartment in the awning or a two berth throw up tent in case the big ones come along. Alternatively if you are not very tall, like us, a double dinette version where you make the rear into a double bed for you and have the front as two singles.

happy hunting

mel

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Your offspring are probably too big for fixed bunk layouts and perhaps the big two will not want to come with you for much longer. How about looking for a fixed bed with a long enough front lounge for two singles. Then either a sleeping compartment in the awning or a two berth throw up tent in case the big ones come along. Alternatively if you are not very tall, like us, a double dinette version where you make the rear into a double bed for you and have the front as two singles.

happy hunting

mel
yes i agree with mel twin dinette could be an option. i would still if i was you the long term and go for a fixed bed.

jo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts