Looking for a new tow car

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi all,
We have spent the last four years towing with a Vauxhall Omega 2.5 V6 saloon. It has been a great car but now I fancy a change.
Firstly the cost of running the car on a daily basis is high and I have just bought the wife a new dog. So my hand is forced in a way
smiley-wink.gif

I am looking at a few vehicles and would appreciate some feed back on ownership etc. They are as follows:
VW Passat Estate 1.9 TDI 130 SE
Audi Avant 1.9 TDI 130 SE
Ford Mondeo Estate 2.0 TDCI 130 Ghia x
All from 2000 to 2005 year
Now I know all cars have their faults and have read up on Honest John but What do you guys think from personal experience?
Thanks in advance
Sean

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi
I had a 2004 Ford Mondeo 2.0tdci 130 bhp for 3 years and it was a great car I don't have a bad word to say about it. It was a very capable towcar and we used it to tow to France a couple of times and also down to the Isle of Wight as well as all over the UK and it never gave us a bit of bother. The mpg solo on a long run was 50mpg and even with the van on the back on a motorway run I could acheive 33mpg which I thought was very good. I would recommend one of these cars.
Hope this helps

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We had a Mondeo estate and saloon one had the TDDI and the hatchback was TDCI. Both were excellent cars solo and towing, were cheap to service and were both extremely reliable. Couldn't really fault the mondeos.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget the Mazda 6 a very underated car but very efficient and described by most motoring journalists as bomb proof, useful when you buy secondhand. Have also used a Vectra diesel which was less reliable but very good and economical as a tow car.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget the Mazda 6 a very underated car but very efficient and described by most motoring journalists as bomb proof, useful when you buy secondhand. Have also used a Vectra diesel which was less reliable but very good and economical as a tow car.

TRENDING THREADS